Shedding of the Old

You know, it's only with the passing of someone you love that you come to the realization that you might be a hoarder.   Of course mom and dad were hoarders before me so, apparently their Gs, Ts, Cs and As were transferred to me as hoarding genes.   *shakes fist angrily*  Curse you hoarding genes !    Ahem.  Well now that I have gotten that off my chest, I have been cleaning up my room, the bathroom and soon I will be cleaning up dad's room.    I found some things I know that none of us is going to need any longer.   Dad's clothing was cleaned out after he died.  He was buried in green, his favorite color.  He would've been pleased with that even though I know I'm only dressing his shell, not his soul.  God will be the one that has given him his new glorious body.   Honestly, that's one thing I am looking forward to the most when I die.  I don't like being limited to just 3 dimensions.   So annoying !   I really want to understand the 11 we have (or there could be more, the physicists are discovering new ones every single day !).    I have found things that belonged to my mom before she knew dad.  Got to see what step-dad looked like (hubba hubba, yowza. I can see why she fell for him.  No offense, papa.  You too, were quite the whopper-looker !).   Saw what my step-bros looked like.  They resembled mama more than Stepdad Jack.    Still though, knowing what he looked like makes me even happier because now they're all together.   I still feel sorta bad though doing all of this stuff for myself.   I'm going to be selling a lot of this paraphernalia and once I get the money back from it, the proceeds will be going back into the bank.   In truth, it's going where it needs to go.   Anyways, tomorrow is another day, one where I have to get things done.   That major event will be the cleaning and clearing of my dad's room.  I'm going to get the medical supplies out of it and see who needs them most of all.   Someone can still use them.  They're still good.   If you know of anyone who needs canullas just let me know, I'm an email or phone call away.    It feels tremendous getting rid of the old and making room for the new.   I know that everything I do will have an excellent effect coming from it.   After all, I did follow the tenet of honouring my mother and father, so I'm bound to receive a grand return of *some* sort or other. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers