Greek Seduction

I'm an opportunist.   Especially when it comes to humor.   It hit my funny bone recently listening to Plimseur's Greek.  I realized that possibly a randy Grecian must have put it together (maybe I judge incorrectly), but there is a lesson in which you learn how to order wine from Mihali's Ristoratorio.  (Michael's Restaurant). 
He asks his companion what she would like to drink, wine or beer.  What happened to water, lemonade, or soda ?   I thought immediately, 'Oh my goodness, this horny guy wants to get her drunk !'.   Especially with the conversation later.  He asks, 'Spitisas ?'  Or, 'Your place ?' to go for a drink or eat.   Then, innocently asks after she answers, 'Ohi', or no, 'Spitimoo ?' (my place).   Dear Hera in Olympus !   Suave fellow here is gonna bed Miss Thang in his own bed !   Plimseur you sly devil dog !   I don't know if the other courses are this way, but we'll see if it takes a similar route when I learn Hindi.    My lovely friend Dhani says I should learn Urdu instead because it is a southern (or country) dialect.  Apparently more people speak Urdu than they do Hindi.  Then again, my buddy Shazzy said, '99.5 percent of Hindi is Urdu', so wouldn't that be what I am trying to do anyway ?  Oy...vey.   The wonders of learning new languages, folks. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers