Jill of Antiquities III, Full Circle

Jill of Antiquities: Full Circle

Synopsis:  The final of the JOA franchise, tying up all loose ends and giving us the happy ending we've all longed for. 

~*~CAST~*~
Joe Sharma:
Jill Bowery:
Leah Bowery: (her mom)
Lee Bowery: (her dad)
Jason Bowery: (her elder brother)
Abigail Powers: (Joe's granddaughter)
Joey Powers:  (Joe's grandson)
Dr. Paro Chowdry:
Dr. Aadhira 'Hira' Chopra: (the Chopra's son) 
Dr. Raishi 'Rai' Chopra: (Hira's younger brother)
Dr. Julia Abernathy (Jill's professor of archeology) 
Abigail Powers/Trout: (Joe's granddaughter)
Joey Powers:  (Joe's grandson)
Maurice Trout: (Abby's husband)
Lola Trout: Moe's mom
Thomas Trout: Moe's dad
Vanessa Trout: (their daughter)
Linda Vanderbuilt/Powers: (Joey's wife)
Honey Vanderbilt :(Linda's mom)
Merl Vanderbilt: (Linda's dad)
Otis Vanderbilt: (Linda's big bro)
Eli Powers: (Linda/Joe's son)


Scene 1--The Strangeness of Extended Family

Joe: (narrating)  Nothing much had changed, except that my original family was growing.  I had seen my little granddaughter find love and marry, and now my grandson was having a glorious wedding in the fall, right when the leaves were at their peak.  I couldn't have been more happy, but the wedding made me realize that I needed to make my move, and quickly.  I just didn't know how Jill's parents would take to it.

(he sings 'Somewhere New', while contemplating a sunrise.  His reverie is interrupted by Dr. Abernathy on the phone.)

Julia:  Joe ?  Are you awake ?

Joe:  Yes, sun just came up.  Don't tell me you're an early bird like me.
(he snickers)

Juila:  No !  (chuckles)  Usually I'm not but I have come upon some really incredible, out-of-this world information.   I have found transportation portals attached to leylines all around the globe.  They were only mentioned in theory.  Scientists have been writing theses on these for years, even on the *first* Earth.   This Earth is even more connected.  These portals may even stem to other *realms*.  We don't know but can you imagine ?

Joe:  (rubs his temples)  Isn't it a bit early in the morning to be tackling quantum physics ? 

Julia: Even though it's not my major line of academics, I find it fascinating.   And no.  It's never *ever* too early.  

Joe:  (rubbing more) It's just...so much to take in.  I haven't even had my morning cup of chai yet.  

Julia:  Speaking of 'cup of chai' how is your relationship with Jill going ?

Joe: My grandson's wedding is spurring me on to propose to her.  I just, well, I don't know how to.  I'm afraid her family might not accept me.  You know the whole 'reanimation' thing.   Kind of bizaare coming back from the beyond to a whole new world.  Know what I mean ? 

Julia:  I can imagine, but you have to try.   The only thing is, I wanted to send you and Jill to Turkey to one of the proposed teleport sites. 

Joe:  Should I be eager, excited, or terrified beyond rational thought ?

Juila:  Maybe all the above, ha haha.

Joe: (drolly)  Very funny, Jules.  You're not the one volunteering, but since it's me and I'm with Jill, I'm doing it.   For science. 

Juila:  See, this is why I admire you.  You are fearless.

Joe:  (solemnly) I may *sound* serious, but honey lamb, I am scared beyond measure.  

Julia:  Welcome to the human condition, my dear. 

(They laugh)

Joe:  So, when do we leave ?

Julia:  Tomorrow morning.  Grab your passports.  Gonna need them.

Joe:  Roger, wilco. 

(Scene fade)

Scene 2--The Time is Now 

(On the plane, 'Falling In Love Again' plays as Joe holds Jill's hand and he accepts it, blushing flouridly) 

Joe:  I've been meaning to talk to you about something.

Jill:  What's that ?

Joe:  It's about your parents.  Do you ever...um...talk to them about us ?

Jill: Only all the time.  They like you, they think you're a real catch.

Joe:  So they don't know the circumstances about my ahem, reanimation ?

Jill: No !  They think you're a normal Joe.  (snickers)  Sorry, I made a funny. 

Joe:  No, that was clever.  Cute, my dear.  (he laughs)

Jill:  Sometimes I can't help being punny.  

Joe:  There's something I want to ask you once we try to find the preposed portal here, but I need to do so in a more private place.  

Jill:  (clasps his hands together)  If it is what I think it is, I think I know where this is going.  I've been waiting for over a year now, Joseph Sharma. 

Joe: (gulps)  You...already knew ?

Jill:  You are mysterious most of the time but when it comes to romance, you're more transparent than Scotch tape ! 

Joe:  I'll take that as a compliment.  (pause, raised eyebrow)  Erm, I think. 

Jill:  (leans forward)  I'm waiting, my fierce and seductive tiger.

Joe:  (blush, fondles around for the ring in his pocket and kneels) Will you...

Jill:  Of course ! 

(As they fly to Turkey, an oldie but goodie plays over the PA radio, 'Devoted to You' and Jill rests her head atop Joe's beating heart as he interlaces his fingers with her's.)


Scene 3--Angora, Turkey

Jill:  (indicating the proposed portal sight on her touch pad)  This is it.  Come on. 

Joe:  (checking his backpack and hers)  Good, we're all set and ready to go.  We have no idea where this leads, so...(takes her hand)  Geronimo ! 

(They land outside a temple in Tibet.)

Jill:  (laughs and marvels)  That's awesome ! 

Joe:  No kidding !  Jules was right. 

Jill:  It's not enough though.  We have to see where *else* the leyline portals go. 

Joe:  (taking her hand) If it is with you, then of course, anywhere will do.

(An instrumental version of 'Cup of Chai' plays as they travel the world without breaking a sweat and return to Turkey in time to grab a kabab for lunch and take their plane home.) 

Scene 4--Will This Be Enough ?

Julia:  Thank you for recording the jumps through the portal.  Maybe the Scientific Journal and Physics International will give my thesis a bit more thought, especially about the potentiality of leylines. 

Joe:  We felt like the main character of Jumper.

Jill:  Oh my, that film definitely has some years on it.  Best of luck with your endeavor.  I'm sure that Paro, Rai and Hira are going to be bowled over with our results. 

Julia:  (points to her skin) I've got goosebumps it's so revolutionary. (nudges)  I heard about your proposal, too.  (nudges Joe in the ribcage)  When's the big day ?

Joe:  I didn't think the lab was *that* small. 

Jill:  (narrating) It wasn't that the lab was small but that news travelled quickly down the right circuits.  Before we knew it, we were married and dancing under the lights at our own reception. 

Scene 5--Reunion

(Joe and Jill are dancing to Saawirya and All I Want is you from Bajrangi Bhaijaan.) 

Jason: (jokingly but also seriously)  Hurt her in any way and you'll come answering to me, Sharma. 

Joe:  (salutes and laughs nervously) Message recieved, soldier !  

Laura:  Welcome to our family, Joe. 

Lee:  It'll be a pleasure to call you son, son ! 
(hugs him warmly, and dances around with him gleefully) 

(The song that plays when Pawan is rejoined with Munnai plays in the background.)

Joe: (narrating)  What we found soon changed the world and how 'reality' was seen.   Jill and I were reunited and our world had expanded.   The original family I had known from the past asked no questions, and strangely enough, things hadn't shifted that much for us.   Although our family life shifted once we had children, Jill and I were still solving mysteries on Earth in the 30th century.   There were days in which we just relaxed, kicked back and savored our time together as a burgeoning family. 

(We see Joe singing 'Misty' to his children and they laugh, singing along with him.  Jill kisses his cheek and they ask him to play 'Tenderly', which is a song his many times great grandfather played on the piano.  The scene shifts to them playing together.) 

Scene 6--A Life Well Lived

Jill:  (narrating)  Times come and go, some things change but many things stay the same.   Children grow, grandchildren enter the world, and the beat goes on.  The research we had been a part of was only used for the greater good and made travel a whole heck of a lot easier.   When Joe and I figured we could travel to other dimensions, our vacations became quite trippy but at last we returned to our true home in paradise.   It had been what we thought was a long road, but in all actuality, it was a blink of the eye. 
Joe: (narrating)  A wink in time.  

Jill: (narrating)  Exactly. 

Joe:  (narrating)  We shared so many good memories on the new world, but nothing can compare to paradise.  

Jill:  (narrating)  Death is nothing to fear.  It is merely the closing of one chapter and the start of a whole new eternal book.

Joe:  It is true, our lives are a circle, everything's a cycle.  I'm glad to be back, but it's like I never left.   Hey, family !

(Whole family surrounds him and embraces him happily. Happy music swells as the entire family disappears into a glory cloud, shrouded by white light.) 

(We see everything culminate from all the series before and the current and final act, the last bow, one more curtain before farewell.  But the end, as it is said poetically, is not really 'the end', it is the beginning.  As Mary Copeland said sagely, 'it is a transition'.  We are transposed to a higher key, raised to the power of infinity.)  

THE END

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers