Forever Alone

Synopsis:  The tale of a young woman who falls in love on the Internet.  After 6 long years of waiting for Godot, she discovers that this man is actually a manipulating, controlling jealous little boy.   

~*~CAST~*~
Lily Brahms: 
Ted Brahms:
Billie Brahms: 
Grieg: (her dog)
Cashew: (her cat)
Edgar: 
Joel:
Ahab:  
Bob: 
Abib: 
Derek: 

Scene 1--Falling In Love is Hard on the Knees

Lily: (narrating)  Ah, yes back when  I was young, I never expected to find someone who truly understood me and made me laugh consistently.  It was like a schoolyard sweetheart I had known from another life.   It was just like Dil to Pagal Hai.  I was Puja, he was Rahul.   It seemed all so perfect.  Why perfect turned out to be so wrong, I'll never figure out, but one thing is for certain. I'm never looking back, even though, now I'll probably be forever alone.  Across the veil though, I know I am not.   I have friends, family, extended family, and honestly, that is all I need to get by in this world.  

(We see an opening animatic of when Lily actually met Edgar.)

Edgar: (on Skype)  I really love your movie reviews.  You have such an incredible, creative mind.

Lily:  Thank you.   I'm Lily. 

Edgar:  Edgar !  :D 

Lily: Where are you from ?

Edgar:  UAE.   You ?

Lily:  Good ol' US of A.   (narrating)  We started talking about where we were from and Edgar told me of his past and lack of family.  It was a terribly sad story.  Before long, I found myself drawn to him, his adorable voice and his handsome features.   We talked every week and nothing seemed out of the ordinary.  But after not talking to him after a while, I fell for someone else.   It was an Egyptian.  


Scene 2--Near Ruin

Ahab:  Hello, sweetie. 

Lily:  Hi.   What's your name ?

Ahab: Ahab, I'm from Egypt.  I'm a chemist. 

Lily: (narrating)  The relationship with Ahab started innocently enough.  I fell desperately for him. Forbidden fruit I suppose.   I stripped and masturbated for him on camera.  What I didn't know is that he wanted more after that.  I felt used.  Violated.  Like a common slut.   When he threatened my life and unknowingly hacked my computer, I wanted to kill myself.   I was young, but luckily, Edgar protected me, got Ahab to back off and even turned him gay.  Talk about complete reversal. 

Scene 3--More Bitterness

(More clipshows of Lily's life are revealed.  She leads a righteous life, goes through the death of her mother and falling in and out of love.  By her side, her friends help her through all the rough times.  Persistent Edgar consistenly shows up.) 

Lily: (narrating) I loved and lost many times, so much so I began to feel cursed.  To overcome this, I started to lose myself in work and in projects.  Anything to drown out the negative voices chiming in my head or the voices outside of me that kept warning me of my biological clock.   My best friend and big surrogate brother of 15 years, Joel, always stuck by my side as I continued to wait for my White Knight.  

Lily:  Edgar, I'm worried about my dad. 

Edgar:  Is he getting worse ?

Lily:  Yes, I fear since mom's passing he has been taking it hard.  I know his heart is starting to fail and he doesn't have much time. 

Edgar:  Oh, honey, I'm sorry.

Lily: I've done all I can.  I run to him as soon as he calls. 
(narrating)  Eventually, he did die to to chronic heart failure.  Most of the hospice staff was helpful but the main nurse we had was atrocious.  She had less compassion than a rock.  Not only that but she condescended myself and dad, like she was superior.  It was very frustrating.  Dad's death though, hadn't been a surprise to me. I said my goodbyes and although I had fallen for Bob, I got over him once Edgar had revealed his true intentions.   It was only after dad's death that I saw more of Edgar's darker side. 

Edgar:  Could you send me some media ?

Lily:  Are you fucking serious right now ?  I just lost my dad. 

Edgar:  I just thought you could use a little release. 

Lily:  I fucking hate you.   Leave me the fuck alone. 

(narrating)  I should've known then that my love was a little unusual. He didn't ask me for self-pleasuring videos that often and treated me like a princess.  Our chats were more about collaborations, the universe, the possibilty of past lives together, the supernatural experiences we had, and were having, but things took a rough, unpredictable turn one sunny Indian summer in 2016. 



Scene 4--You're Possessive, It Isn't Nice

Lily: (narrating) My friend, Joel, had come home from deployment and we began spending more time together.  He invited me to his house, but Edgar was against my decision.  I finally decided I had been fed up.   Tired of waiting, tired of longing, having been blinded by a relationship that only existed online.  It was fantasy. I felt so dumb.  For the first time in my life, I cried and hurt more than any other time.   I knew letting go of his controlling, possessing ways was correct, but that didn't mean that my heart would stop aching. 
I wondered when I would ever overcome these feelings of inferiority, separation and being cursed. 

(Scene shift) 

Scene 5--I'm A Survivor

Lily: (narrating) My tale though is one that is not over by a long shot.   Though I have still yet to meet my one perfect mate, my life has only begun.  I have made new friends and started truly living abundantly.  Now I no longer hold any fears.  I can live, fully free of any burdens.  

(An instrumental version of 'Renegade' plays in the background as we see Lily bounding off, spring in her step, with friends by her side and a world full of infinite possibilities.  The script/play ends with 'Feels So Good' follows.  Bloopers roll and thanks is given, especially to my dear Dhani who gave me the inspiration to get all of this off my chest.   Catharsis achieved.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers