What Shows With Potential Failed to Do For Me

First things first, I really enjoyed Maya and Marty when it came out.  These are two comedians who are exceedingly talented but after a while the gags were tired and useless.  I am hoping both of them are given a better chance to do something noteworthy, something better than an SNL or Johnny Carson ripoff (God bless you Johnny, you were the best of the best and then you left us !).   Then there comes The Good Place.  Here was a show I liked at first glace. It reminded me of Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies because it covered the same subject matter.  Only difference is it took place in Heaven.  I found it funny that they said all the artists dwelt in Hell.   I jokingly responded to that, 'Oh, well, guess *I'm* screwed.'  (ROTFL).
I also stopped watching Superstore because it was really hitting me way too close to home.   Don't get me wrong, I don't mind laughing at myself and the bad decision I made to re-enter the world of retail, but it isn't something I will be doing ever again unless I have a full-frontal lobotomy.  The last show I stopped watching was Son of Zorn.  It was a rip-off/spoof and satire of all beloved cartoons of the '80s.  It was like Roger Rabbit meets He-Man crossed with Thundercats and maybe hints of Korgoth of Barbaria and Herculoids. 

 Other than that I have found new shows to uphold my love, like Blunt Talk, which is a heckuva lot of fun to watch.  I'm also enjoying Ash V. the Evil Dead, Walking Dead (what the heck with that season opener, thought my eyes would run dry of tears), Fresh Off the Boat (it's even better than I remember), Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show (now it's in SPAAAAAAAAAAAAACE), Adventure Time, Stephen Universe, Star Wars: Rebels, Star V. the Forces of Evil, Milo Murphy's Law, MLP:FIM, Transformers: Rescue Bots (why they won't update or renew Pound Puppies is beyond me), JoJo's Bizaare Adventure, Naruto: Shippuden, Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans, One Piece, Rick and Morty (when the new season comes out), Supernatural, Grimm (when the new season begins), Gotham, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., This Is Us, Queen Sugar, Atlanta, NCIS LA, Scorpio, Bob's Burgers, The Simpsons and of course TBBT.  

Shows I'm looking forward to
Mars (looks *very* impressive, and it covers one of my favorite planets, other than Saturn)
The Man With a Plan (I hope this does well, it looks promising)
The final season of Orphan Black
The latest season of Doctor Who (I can't contain my excitement)

Movies/ Shows I am Watching/Will Watch
Madaari (in process)
Tum Bin
Lage Raho Munna Bai
Spice and Wolf
Twilight of the Cockroaches
Boxtrolls
Book of Life (I plan on watching this on Dia De Los Muertos to celebrate)
Planetarian
Steins Gate
The Apartment
KKKG
Alice Through the Looking Glass
Yes, Boss
Mr. Church
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping
The Whole Truth
Bodyguard Quartet (starting from the original film with Kevin Costner and Whitney Houston) 
The Duel
Whiplash
Hardcore Henry 
Romancing the Stone
.//hack: Enter the World
 Dr. Strange
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
The Arrival
Moana
Lion
Hidden Figures


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers