Intimate Apparel

(Synopsis:   Chloe Marisol is an up and coming underware model but she lacks proper finess and training.  Leave it to photographer Sergio Diaz.  Serg shows her how to be confident and a love blossoms between them.

~*~ CAST ~*~
Chloe Marisol:
Antoinette Marisol: (her mother)
Adriene Marisol: (her father)
Anais Clary: (her best friend) 
Sergio Diaz:
Maria Diaz:  (his mom)
Diego Diaz:  (his dad)  
Antonio Diaz: (his gay brother)
Bruno Mathersen-Diaz: (Antonio's 'husband') 
Malcom Brewer: (his best friend)
Julia Weatherly:  (Sergio's ex)

Scene 1--Break of a Lifetime

Chloe:  (dancing around to 'Blame it on the Boogie') 

Nette:  Why so happy my little pidgeon ? 

Adriene:  It's not often you break out your best moves !  (chortles)  What's the occasion ?

Chloe:  I got off the phone with a famous photographer.  His name is Sergio Diaz.  Sounds really impressive, if you ask me.  I've known of him before due to his work in various magazines.

Adriene: (hugging her affectionately, tousling her hair)  I knew you could do it ! 

Nette:  Good on you, Chloe !  (kissing her cheeks)

Chloe: Mom, dad, quit it !  This is so embarassing. 

Nette:  We can't help it, angel. 
This is your big break !

Adriene:  Just go in there and give it your best.  We're rooting for you.  
Chloe:  (gives them a thumbs up)  Certainly will.  I'll have at 'em and knock 'em dead.  
  
Adriene/Nette:  You go, girl ! 

(She departs and starts jiving to 'Walking on Sunshine')
(Scene shift)

Scene 2--A Bit Daunting

(An angelic chorus plays while Chloe approaches the gargantuan glass skyscraper.   She inhales deeply and exhales calmly, confidently striding inside with a bit of a spring in her step, briefcase in her hand.)

Chloe: (looking around for Sergio)  Hello ?  Mr. Diaz ? 

(Bruno suddenly pops up) 
Bruno:  (overtly amiably)  You must be Ms. Marisol.   My brother in law is finishing a shoot.   Just head straight through the double doors ahead and take a right.  You can't miss it.  Oh, and if you see my handsome lifemate, tell him I send him kisses. 

Chloe:  Sure will, erm...

Bruno:  Bruno !  (Shakes her hand a bit too eagerly)  Bruno Mathersen-Diaz.   You'll be seeing me around soon enough, angel face.  Ciaoooooooooooooooooo ! 

Chloe:  He certainly is sprightly enough  !

Sergio:  (finishing up with last client, waiting for Chloe)  Ms. Marisol, come on in, if you will.

Chloe:  You were anticipating my arrival.

Sergio:  (clearly entranced by Chloe's apperance and attributes)  Yes.  Now my day is infinitely better.   Well now. (claps hands together)  Show me what you've got.  I'll turn on some music.  Just go with the flow. 

Chloe:  (starts to take off her clothes and move to the beat.  At first she's clumsy, but Sergio comes up to help her, and position her.  A flamenco song plays in the background as he teaches her how to have more composure.  She learns quickly. 'You Make Me Feel Like I'm Alive Again' plays in the background.) 

Sergio:  You are a goddess.  I just hope to awaken that deity latent inside you. 

Chloe:  (blushing deeply)  Heavens !

Sergio:  I think it's obvious that you've nailed the job interview.  We'll start in earnest tomorrow.  I just want to ask you one more thing, though. 

Chloe:  (becoming smitten as well)  What's that, Serg ?

Sergio:  After our first session, how about a drink and dinner.  I'm buying.  

Chloe:  Of course !   I'd love that !

Sergio:  I'm glad.  See you tomorrow. (winks seductively at her)

Chloe: (nearly trips over the platform as she leaves but catches herself)  Ha-ha !  Mad skills ! 

(Sergio laughs heartily.) 
(Scene fade) 

Scene 3--First Day at the Job

Sergio:  (Noticing Chloe is a few minutes early)  Why aren't you the early bird ! 

Chloe:  I pride myself in being punctual.

Sergio:  I see that and am mightily impressed ! 

Chloe:  I brought plenty of outfits. (swings carry-on in a rather flamboyant manner)

Tony:  Hey !  Why not try this little hot number out !  (holds a negligee in front of her that leaves very little if anything to the imagination) 

Chloe: (turning bright red) Oh, MY !

Sergio: (a bit indignant)  Give me that !  (hangs it up on a rack nearby, away from Chloe)  You have no shame, brother.

Tony:  Just trying to help. Thought the magazine needed a bit of spice to help boost sales.  You know what they say, right, hermano ?  Sex sells.

Sergio:  I know that but we don't need to, we're an upper class magazine.   This isn't Priscillas, Lover's Lane or Adam and Eve. 

Tony:  Elitist much ?  Hmmph. 
Well if you need me I'll be around. 

Sergio:  I know where to find you.  Now get out of my shot, I've got work to do. 

Tony:  Harrumph.  I know when I'm not wanted.  (dramatically tosses his scarf around his neck and sashayes out of the room in a very effeminite way) 

Sergio:  Don't mind Tony, he's a total fruitcake, but I love him to bits.   He and his husband work so hard to keep everything running here at Rue Blanc. 

Chloe:  I see that.  I'll get changed while you get ready for the shoot.

Sergio:  (full of gusto and eagerness)  I can't wait ! 

(She emerges and he can't take his eyes off her.  The camera devours her as he takes photos endlessly.  It's almost like they're making love but with clothes on, especially with her breathless and euphoric expression when they are done.   The music playing in the background is Empire of the Sun's latest song followed by Equalizer as played by Blue Peter.)

Sergio: (tosses her a water bottle)  Thought you could use this.

Chloe: (looks at her watch) Is it that time already ?  There's no way we could've been working that long.
(stomach growls)

Sergio:  Your belly says it is.  I promised you dinner, and dinner you shall have.   Come on, it's on me !

Chloe:  Really, Serg.  You shouldn't. 

Sergio:  I actually have a dress in here you'd look smashing in.  Go ahead, wear it.  If anything happens, the budget will take care of it.

Chloe:  Why are you doing this for me ? 

Sergio:  (coming close to her and lifting her gaze to his, very sensually) Because the moment I met you I could sense you were worth every moment of my time.  I want to treat you well and I want to earn your respect.  Maybe even...more.

Chloe:  (bashfully looks down)  You are really quite the gentleman.  You already have my respect, though. 

Sergio: (takes her hand, squeezes it gently)  Ah, then this is promising for me.  (he laughs)  I'll wait. I'm a very patient man ! 

Chloe: (gets changed into the tremendously gorgeous golden cocktail dress with heels and walks out) 

Sergio:  An angel walks amongst us.
(holds out his arm)  Shall we ?

Chloe:  (laughing)  Certainly !  I can't wait to see what type of restaurant you've picked out.

Sergio:  Do you like steak ?

Chloe: Like it, I adore it.  I'm a meat and potatoes type of girl.

Sergio: Perfecto.   I knew this was going to go well.

Chloe: Whatever do you mean by that ?
(gawks)  This...place is for affluent people only.

Sergio:  Like I said, the budget will cover us.   (pats her shoulder)  Don't worry.  Just enjoy.  Unwind. 

Chloe:  (narrating)  As the night wove on, I got to know Serg more and we had so many things in common, I began to fall in love with him.   I didn't know if it was considered taboo, but it didn't matter.  I had never felt this happy in my entire life.  I grabbed this sublimity and decided never to let go.  

(Scene shift) 

Scene 4--I Have to Meet This Man

Anais:  (calling Chloe on the phone)
I hear all has been going well with Sergio. 

Chloe: (blissful sigh)  It's been so long that I even remember being this jovial. 

Anais:  I have to meet him.  Does he have a brother ?

Chloe:  Yes, but don't brother.  Tony has a husband. 

Anais:  (pouty)  Bummer.  (brightens) Oh well.  So, what's he like ?

Chloe:  Sergio ?  He's got a splendid accent.  Sounds like symphonies, waterfalls and the gentle rush of a spring wind.   It's the most beautiful sound I have ever heard.

Anais:  (mesmerised)  You are lucky.  What's he like to work for ?

Chloe:  A gentleman.  If another man in the building even bothers oggling me or asking me if I am single, he glowers at them and protects me.  He's so incredibly thoughtful, sweet, and romantic. 

Anais: What's he like in bed though ?

Chloe:  (swoons)  Un..be..lievable.  He is always so tender and he always asks what I like before we do the horizontal rumba.

Anais:  Girl, you have to marry this man and soon.  Someone else could sink their claws into him.

Chloe:  Right.  We've been dating for a while now.  At least 5 months.  The romance just continues to grow. 

Anais:  What are you waiting for ?  Christmas ?  Ask him ! 

Chloe:  Indeed.  You couldn't be more right.  His birthday is coming up.  What better way to surprise him.  He doesn't think I've noticed but I remembered the length of his fingers the time we went dancing at his brother's club.  That was quite the memorable night. 

Anais:  Go for it.  Sieze the moment !

Chloe:  (narrating) So, with my career firmly under my belt, I took a risk and decided to take Sergio to the steakhouse where we had our first meal together.  Little did I know that his ex would be our waitress.

Scene 5--One Small Snag

Sergio:  Where are you taking me ?

Chloe:  You'll know as soon as the blindfold comes off. 

Sergio:  How mysterious !  I really like this new side of you. It's sort of kinky. (he nudges her playfully) 

Chloe: I thought it was Tony who was the perverted one.

Sergio: I'm only perverse when it truly counts, my dear.  (he kisses he r neck, gently) 

(She unties the blindfold) 

Sergio:  All this for my birthday ?

Chloe:  Actually, this is only half of the surprise, my dear.  The other will be in the restaurant.

Sergio:  Ooo, even more intriegue.  I'm shivering with antici-pation. 

Chloe:  (laughs)  Knew you would be. 

(He seats her at his favorite table, which has an outstanding view of the people passing by and what not.)

Julia:  What'll be your order...wait a minute.  You're Sergio ! 

Sergio:  Julia ?  I didn't know you worked here.  

Julia:  (petulantly)  Yes, who would've thought.  

Sergio:  I think we've seen enough.  Sorry.   Chloe, let's go. 

Juila:  Don't let him suck you in. 

Sergio:  Julia, stay out of it. 

Julia:  He thinks he's so great because he has such a romantic accent and gentlemanly personality. 

Sergio:  We could've made it work, but you became too clingy, overbearing...

Julia:  Why ?  Was changing your habits, the way you dress, your music choices too much ?   I thought I had great ideas when it came to giving you good reading material.  The books you read were always so pedestrian.

Sergio:  Julia, back off !  You can't change the past.   Chloe, we're leaving.  Now.

Chloe:  (taking Sergio's hand)  Your ex, I take it. 

Sergio:  (a little downhearted) Yes.  She was a little mad.  I even had to change my address and nearly file a restraining order.  I hope she moves on.   She tends to be a bit...erm...intense. 

Chloe: I can see that.  I still wanted to give you the latter part of your surprise.

Sergio: (becomes intriegued again)  Right, I nearly forgot that !
(he chortles)  

Chloe:  This park is as good a place as any.  We didn't get to eat a good meal, but we can always get something from the drive through, if that's alright. 

Sergio: (warmly, affectionately, holding her hands)  Any action, taken with you, makes life 1,000 times more worthwhile.  Just breathing in the same air gives me meaning. 

Chloe: (kneels down)  Sergio Diaz, my boss, my friend, I ask you.  Would you be my husband ? 

Sergio:  (picking her up and twirling her about)  What took you so long ! Chloe, my dear, this is the best surprise ever.   Thank you.

Chloe: (giving him a ring, and placing it on his hand)  I love you. 

Sergio: And I you.  (they kiss, deeply) 

Chloe:  (narrating) I hadn't met the proverbial Diazes yet, but we would become plenty acquainted.   The next few days were a blur with shopping done with my sassy gay friends and Anais, my soon to be bridesmaid.   My mom and pop were hustling, bustling around, acting a bit hovery, but they knew I could handle all the details on my lonesome.  

(Scene shift, 'You Wake Up & Suddenly' instrumental plays in the background)

Scene 6--The Best Day of My Life
(And More To Follow) 

(We see Chloe wearing her mother's wedding dress, looking positively glamorous and astronomically resplendent.   She cannot stop smiling.  Her parents, in the congregation, do their best to hold back joyful tears.  'You Are The Sunshine of my Life' plays in the background.) 

Chloe:  You know the song 'We've Only Just Begun' ?  Well, as cheesy as it is, it actually true for Sergio and I in this uncertain world.   Rue Blanc continues to sell well and it is the first magazine of its kind to employ 'real life' women rather than the stick figures so many of us are so rampant in today's society.   It's good to know that there are some magazines that actually decide reality makes more sense than subscribing to something unattainable in the natural world.   Sergio and I could'nt be happier, especially having our honeymoon in Cozumel, his homeland.   No one knows what tomorrow will bring, but all I know is, I wasn't expecting to be this jubilant.  Wherever our lives lead, it will exponentially help those we touch, whether directly or indirectly.   As for my girlfriend, she actually met someone too.  She didn't think it was possible, but it was a friend from school that she thought she had lost forever.  Circumstances had separated them, but now they are together forever.  Funny how love tends to tie up all the loose ends.  

(We see a sort of montage of each life mentioned coming to a culmination and a jovial conclusion. 
Anais marries her childhood sweetheart, Elias Gould.  The two have a very merry Jewish wedding, and smash glass to celebrate many happy years together, dancing the Hora.  'Life Goes On' plays at the end, followed by 'Just the Two of Us' as well as 'Don't Go Changin'.  Credits roll, bloopers are shown as well as behind the scenes views.  Initial idea was brought up by just going about normal work and thinking about why no one has ever tackled something so important as underclothes and modeling put together.  Et viola.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers