Jill of Antiquties II, The Return

Synopsis:  Taking place where Tomb Raider Reborn left off, the two are called into New Palestine to search for a relic from the 21st Century containing knowledge thought lost forever.  Once found though, the sage advice in this gargantuan digital tome will awaken humanity to their truest of callings.  

~*~CAST~*~
Joe Sharma:
Jill Bowery:
Leah Bowery: (her mom)
Lee Bowery: (her dad)
Jason Bowery: (her elder brother)
Abigail Powers: (Joe's granddaughter)
Joey Powers:  (Joe's grandson)
Dr. Paro Chowdry:
Dr. Aadhira 'Hira' Chopra: (the Chopra's son) 
Dr. Raishi 'Rai' Chopra: (Hira's younger brother)
Dr. Julia Abernathy (Jill's professor of archeology) 
Abigail Powers: (Joe's granddaughter)
Joey Powers:  (Joe's grandson)

Scene 1--Joe's Reconstruction

Abigail:  Per grandpop's wishes, we did as he asked. 

Joey:  Neither one of us agrees with this, but grandpa would want it this way.  

Raishi:  We've been working on reanimation for years.  We'll see if it actually works this time. 

(They start their work and Joe is brought back into existence but it is very painful.)

Joe:  Get me some clothes, please.  I don't want to stand naked in front of my grandkids.  

Paro:  It worked !   It actually worked !  

Joe:  (narrating) One moment I was savoring a heady chat with my relatives and parents in paradise, the next, I was back, but it would take a *lot* of explaining and convincing to do to earn Stephanie or in this case, Jill's respect. 

(Scene fade)

Scene 2--Chance Meeting at a Restaraunt

Jill: (stomach growling)  I'm absolutely starving.  

Joe:  (looks in her direction and gestures her to come over) 

Jill:  Say, you must know so many things about the food here.  What do you recommend ?

Joe:  Ah, definitely the swarma.  Try that !  By the way, I'm Joe.  You seem familiar. 

Jill:  As do you. (shakes his hand and blushes darkly) 

Joe:  We haven't met before have we ?

Jill:  Is it possible that maybe we did in a past life ?

Joe:  With such refined taste and a smile that can light up even the darkest of rooms, I would definitely remember.  I do, though. 

Jill:  I haven't forgotten.  (hugs him)  How long has it been ?

Joe:  I don't know Stephanie. 

Jill:  I'm Jill now. 

Joe:  (embarassed)  Sorry.  Old habits die hard.   (he sings 'Meeting You Again') 

Jill:  You haven't changed.  A song was what won me when we first met, and now I can say, with all clarity of heart, I want to get to know you again. 

Joe: (nearly weeps)  I'll do everything I can to make you the happiest woman alive. 

Jill: That's a bit extreme.  Just be you, Joe.  There is no other !

Joe: (narrating)  That's exactly what I planned to do.   Little did I know that the genobiologists who had reanimated me had sent me into the new world to look for so called 'lost' relics of a century long past.  It was one we were both familiarized with and only something we could explain in our strange yet familiar world. 

(Scene change) 

Scene 3--New Palestine

Jill:  This must be a rather jarring experience for you as well, coming into a totally different world than the one you remember. 

Joe: (very tenderly takes her hand and strokes it lovingly)  Even when I was with you initially I realized that by your side, despite the circumstances, together we'd overcome the odds set in front of us.  I'm not scared, worried or concerned.   I have your friendship to anchor me and help me keep carrying on. 

Jill:  I never forgot how much of a romantic you are.   (rests her head on his chest)  Ooh, we're getting to land in New Palestine soon.  

Joe:  Excellent.   Let's set sail and run our course !  

Jill:  (nodding) 

Joe:  (narrating)  There was no religious bickering in this era.  People bantered, yes, but this people had learned to overlook petty differences and learn to work side by side.   Crime was nearly eradicated and energy was free flowing, everywhere to everyone.  It nearly brought tears to my eyes.  

Jill:  Come on, the structures aren't much further from here.  (drinks some water, dabs her forehead with a wet cloth)

Joe: (does the same)  Do we know what we're searching for ?

Jill:  Documents or items from the 21st Century.  From what I had read in University, it was secret knowledge that predates anything else kept in archives at that time.  It's the wisdom of such tribes as the Nabateans, Essenes, Chacoans and newfound understanding they bore. 

Joe:  Amazing.  That sounds priceless.  Apparently, it didn't burn away when the original earth charred to ash. 

Jill:  No.  (pauses briefly, looking around with her LED flashlight)  We're looking for something small, called a flash drive.

Joe: (chuckles)  I remember those.  I thought it would've been a floppy disc. 

Jill:  (laughs as well) Those survived the Great Migration too.  Highly resillient things, really.

Joe:  I wonder if they still have some older technology to access it.

Jill:  Some of the old school anthropologists back on campus prefer to be familiarized with everything, whether it is shiny or ancient.  

Joe:  That's actually pretty smart, considering.  

Jill:  (almost in a whisper) We're close, Joe.  

Joe:  (steps into a cobweb) Blech.  Webby. 

Jill:  (Tries not to laugh, too much) Get any in your mouth ?

Joe:  Thankfully, no, just all over me. 

Jill:  (brushes him off)  Come on, you loveable doofus. 

Joe:  Flattery gets you nowhere, Jilly girl.  

(They find the device, strangely still in tact and walk out.  Jill places the flashdrive in a containment unit, waves her hand and it is phased, or beamed back to the faculty at home.) 

Joe:  Now we wait and see, right ?

Jill: Pretty much.  Did they say we could see the sights or were we restricted in this venture ?

Joe:  I think we have room to roam.  I've always wanted to come here.  In the past though, you couldn't due to infighting, racial tensions and religious dogma.   I almost don't recognize this place, but this is what it should be. 

Jill:  (narrating)  We had plenty of time to leisurely stroll New Palestine, New Israel and all the other locales of the Holiest places on earth.  We met a vendor who sold us both olive carved archangels and gave us a huge smile when the sale was complete.   Apparently we had made his entire week thanks to that small transaction.  

Joe: (narrating)  It was time to return to the lab and see what my friends' children had discovered.  Needless to say, we were both on pins and needles and so was the rest of the academic community.  

(Scene shift) 

Scene 5--Rediscovering Our Purpose

Paro:  (almost too flabberghasted to speak)  This is what we have been searching for.  It's been so long ! (teary eyed)

Hira: (wiping her tears away as well) It's perfectly acceptable to be emotional about it.   This wisdom is priceless.  I'm glad someone felt it was worthy enough to travel with them during the Great Migration. 

Julia:  I heard you came back !  Congradulations, both of you ! 
(She hugs both of them, heartily) 

Jill:  It's our pleasure.  You're the one that deserves the credit though, Jules.   *You* found the relic, after all.  

Julia:  Yes.  But, it was a *team* effort !  

Jill: (narrating)  Julia and the gang took us all out to celebrate at a mesmerising restaurant in the heart of New Palestine.   Joe was brave enough to sing karaoke.  I didn't want to sing at first, but he pulled me in.   Before I knew it, I had fallen in love all over again.  I never once regretted it, nor did I look back.   Our red thread was staid and bound, uniting us forever, even in this newfound chance at romance. 

Joe:  It was only the beginning of our adventures, though we didn't know what awaited us.   All we knew was we were unwritten.  We were pens, the world was our blank page, just waiting to be written upon.

(The song that plays in Chak De 'Another Sunny Day, I'm Alive' plays as we see Joe and Jill coming closer and closer together, but we have that annoying 'TBC' again, this time, it is a 'To Be Concluded'.  A small snippet of what is to come is shown to whet the appetite of impatient viewers, but it won't be anything to spoil the final film.  Just a taste, a little tease if you will.  I'm a bad girl sometimes !  Credits roll, Afareen plays in the background, followed by familiar music from Chak De India 'You Are My Third Color'.  Thanks goes to TTR for suggesting the whole franchise to me.  This is his child too.  These characters have become family to me as well.  Hopefully I have done them justice for your sake, my love.)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers