Somewhat Deflated but Floating Onward and Upwards

It seems I will not be attending PopCon as I formerly thought I would.  I was really looking forward to meeting Danny Avidan, Bryan Wecht, Karen Gillingan and Tara Strong in person.   I don't know if I will ever have another chance to meet Dan or Bryan ever again but maybe I will.  I want to tell him as well as Bryan how much they have inspired me and hug them just to let them know that.   In other news, I found Sharukh Kahn's email and sent him a note about how much he has motivated me and how I aspire to be like Aman from Kal Ho Na Ho.   It's not easy for me since I have quite a temper but I've been able to keep myself level headed in knowing that anger solves absolutely nothing.  I want to be remembered as a 'good, golden-hearted woman, who laughed deeply, loved immensely and lived life to the fullest'.   

Amongst other things I am currently working on some new projects:
Still writing Rise of the Blue Butterfly but getting closer to completion
I have new tales to tell
1.  Dusty Skye---My first ever apocalyptic tale concerning how nuclear war has left only few people alive and insects have mutated to gargantuan proportions.   Therefore, Dusty Rose Skye and her posse have to keep the monsters from devouring the rest of humankind while trying to find a way to balance the ecology once more.  
2.  Cascade--Another apocalyptic tale.  Many sciences conjecture the world will either end in snow or fire, so I attend to the former.  The tale tells of how the climate spins the earth into a new Ice Age and scientists must discover a way to restore climate back to normal, if such a thing can be done.  
3.  Summer's Return--Sequel to 'Cascade'.  
4.  Poly-amorous--A script about a rather open family living in a strict, prim community.   They begin to change their views when the family saves the life of a young girl who doesn't know how to swim.
5.  The Potion Notion--Yet another chapter in what seems to be an endless MMPR collab with BrightStar
6.  The Dragon and the Unicorn--A love story about two magicians/shapeshifters whose families cannot stand one another, all due to a misunderstanding back in the Medieval Ages. 
7.  Dichotomy--A tale of fraternal twins; Miracle and Shane, who are found after a fundamentalist Islam raid.  The two are raised by two different families.  Shane becomes a pickpocket and Miracle becomes an evangelist.  Eventually the two find one another and reunite.  
8.  Tom & Harry Vs. The Mob:  The moral of this comedy is don't cheese off the wrong people, and miracles can and still do happen even when it seems all is lost and you're staring down the barrel of a gun ! 
9.  Cosplay Fantasy--I had nearly forgotten about this eros but it was one I had meant to write a long time ago about two people meeting at a convention and falling in love.   What happens at GenCon stays at GenCon, wink, wink.   Nudge, nudge. 
10.  Least Likely Candidate--Another eros about a man, rather dashing who has no luck with the ladies until Don Martin shakes up his life, and even enters him into the running for local mayor !  

Shows I had nearly forgotten:
1.  Transformers Rescue Bots--There had been no new episodes as of late, so I had written it off as just reruns, but it's back now
2.  Littlest Pet Shop--Same thing, but it's continually getting better
3.  Star Darlings--Sadly I think Disney forgot about it, but at least I can see episodes on YT
4.  Star Wars: Rebels--With how the season ended it makes you wonder what Ezra is going to become and what path he will choose.  
5.  Blazing Team--It just keeps getting better and better.  I don't care if the show is somewhat poorly dubbed.  It was originally done in Cantonese/Mandarin and is very reminscent of Kung Fu films, especially the whole Taoist principals (Light/Darkness trope).  
6. Supernatural--Although the show gets weirder and weirder, it only improves.  How do they DO that ?

Books I am currently reading--
1.  The Magician King (Book #2) in the Magicians Series, nearly done
2.   Cassie Comes Through (to be read)
3.  Piper's Perfect Dream (to be read)
4.  Astra's Mixed Up Mission (to be read)
5.  Tessa's Lost & Found (to be read) 
And many other books I have little time to mention

I just recently saw Captain America: Civil War and it was beyond astronomical.  I plan on seeing The Good Guys, as well as Now You See Me 2, Finding Dory, Ghostbusters (don't hate me), The Man Who Saw/Knew Infinity and a number of others I have at home I haven't seen yet.  

That's all I have to report for now.  Sorry for disappointing you with PopCon but dad's health comes first. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers