Arcana: The Shuffled Fate
Currently in my seven-part tale, I have completed
1. What a Fool Believes
2. Black Coat, Top Hat
My current tale in the saga is 'Fierce, Fearless, Female', then 'Gilded Crown',
'Everyone's Favorite Dad', 'Old Master in a New World' and then 'Rose Colored Hope' that brings our entire group back together to put an end to our old rival, The Devil, Beltharian Noir.
Beltharian takes upon a lot of aspects that create a compelling villain. He is a true masochist, Machiavellian, malignant narcissist that wants nothing more than to create pain, misery, strife and suffering. What's interesting about him is he is an actual vampire that has one known weakness and that is permission. He seems to be indestructible, but he never bargained on facing the entire Arcana at once.
So far, I am really enjoying fleshing out these characters since they are all so unique. Each has their own relatability, and they all come from different walks of life. It feels like a new form of X-men (Ellis herself goes by Professor X because she's hemiplegic and her visions) but different and engaging. I hope it will become a classic in its own right.
At some point, I am hopeful I can make the Cryptid Crusaders come to life because it is my best series other than the Lux Saga and Genre Jumpers. Genre Jumpers would be entertaining to flesh out as a series as well, but I feel like more people will be entertained by my paranormal storytelling versus a truly overpowered character who later instructs another verbaenchantri in her self-growth and self-discovery. Regardless, eventually I think that tale will be told, too.

Comments
Post a Comment