Why Do My Cheeks Taste Salty ?

I had a tremendous time singing at church today but it's funny how the innocence of children can cut you like a knife.   I love kids and I like being around them, but they don't know how badly words can hurt a person grieving.   So I write this with some tears in my eyes.  I know they're just a sign that I have a good, caring heart but there are times I wish I could just turn off my heart at times.  

There was a little girl who came to ask me where my parents were after I was done singing for entertainment at church today.  I almost started crying right there and then but I kept my composure.  
I told her they were in Heaven, which is true.   She then said, 'You have kids ?'   Again, shot right to the heart.   Go on, give me everything you've got.  I can take it.  I have invincible armour.   Inwardly, I am sobbing like a broken, ripped up, raggedy, forgotten toy.     Of course my answer was 'No'.   Oh, it gets much worse, folks.   Brace yourselves.   'You live alone ?'   Oh, just kill me already.   I answered no, of course.  I live with a cat and a dog.  I showed off my pictures hoping I didn't appear like some loser, but believe me I felt like one after I was done praising my animals.  Afterward, I went home I cried a bit and I'm still crying.   Granted I know I am going to stop crying someday soon...I just hope sooner than later.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers