The Animal: People of the Flock

Synopsis:  Sequel to ‘The Animal’, 20 years later.  Mange is transported 100 years into the future through a device a scientist creates that he showcases during an exposition.   The scientist eventually works for the nefarious, villainous Ford Baker.  Doug Sisk returns as a turtle, Ford ultimately betrayed him.   In the future, Mange meets Dolphina ‘Phina’ when transported even further into the future by Dolphina herself.  She is the great great granddaughter of the scientist who made Mange a multi-animal.   

~*~CAST~*~
Marvin Mange: Rob Schneider
Doug Sisk:  
Chief Wilson:
Ford Baker:  
Dr. Dolphina Marina:  
Doctor Dedalus Marina:
Rianna Mange:  
Moe Mange: (eldest son)
Tilton Mange: (next to eldest)
Jacob Mange: (middle son)
Mary Mange: (middle daughter)
Inez Mange: (next to youngest daughter)
Anna Mange: (youngest daughter
Cedric Sheep: Adam Sandler
Meryl Sheep: (his wife)  
Eugene Sheep: (his son)
Lyle N. Sheep: (his middle son)
Fleece Sheep: (his next to youngest daughter)
Dolly Sheep: (youngest daughter)  
Scott Pampas:  
Finn: (A fellow dolphin)


Scene 1--Excited for the Expo

Rianna:  Welcome home from school, kiddos !   Look at all the lovely little arts and crafts you schlepped home with you !

(They’re all so very proud of their own work.  All of them are polite and showcase it in their own time.  Although Marvin and Rihanna have 6 children, they manage a loving, encouraging home.)  
Tilton:  Guess what’s coming into town soon !
Marvin:  What’s that Tilton ?  
Tilton: The science expo !  
Anna:  Yeah ! We can all get extra credit if we attend.  I’ve never been to a science fair before.  It should totes amazing !  
Inez:  We get even bigger marks if we try entering our own inventions.  
Tilton:  Waaaay ahead of you, sibs !   (he unveils a Rube Goldberg device that helps the sleepiest people wake up in the morning.)  This may not earn me any prize money but I can guarantee I’ll get an honorable mention or a ribbon (becomes eager) or both !
Moe:  That would be awesome !   I really hope you get it.  You’re one of the smartest people I know.
Marvin:  I assure you, he probably gets it from mom.   
Rihanna:  Oh, Marvin.  Stop it.  You’re making me blush.  
Mary:  So can we go ?   We all have little projects.   Tilton’s is the best.   
Tilton:  (bashfully) You all worked on your own without my help.   We’re all gonna win something, I just know it.  
Jacob:  That’s the Mange spirit !  Let’s show them what we’re made of !
All Manges together:  Hip hip hooray !  Hip hip hooray !  Hip hip, hooray !  
Marvin:   (narrating)  So that settled it.  Life was pretty darned good with my little family.  I had remarkable kids, my wife was still smoking hot and the chief showed me more respect around the office.  Even Sisk was being nicer around me, if you can imagine that !   Things were startin’ to come up roses, but then, everything started goin’ a bit wonky.   

(Scene shift to the science expo)  

Scene 2--Insidious Plans

Ford:  Daedalus, this machine is a work of art.   I’m so glad you entrusted its care to me.   

Daedalus:  Why wouldn’t I, Ford ?   You were the one who employed me.  It would be foolish not to pay you back some way.  

Ford:  (a bit darkly)  You’ll be repaid handsomely.   That I can assure you.  What I am curious about is, is the time machine operational ?  

Daedalus: Affirmative.   I went into the past and saw myself as a child.  I did nothing to disturb the fabric of space/time though.   I did one more test to see the Golden Age but that was enough traveling for me.  

Ford:  (claps his shoulder again) You’ve done me proud, Doctor.   Believe me, your name is going to go down in history.    

Sisk:   Hey, look who’s here !   It’s the whole bamned drood.   

Marvin:  I see what you did there.   I heard you’re working for the man who is hosting this event.  

Sisk:  Yeah.  It sure as hell pays better than working at the PD did.   No offense.  I don’t really miss that job.   

Marvin:   I had to take on a second job to take care of all the kids, but it’s been worth it.   

Sisk:  Did they enter anything in the fair ?

Marvin:  (Proudly)   You bet they did.   They might not win any medals but they sure have ingenuity.   

(The fair goes on and Tilton actually does earn a blue ribbon for his Rube Goldberg.   They leave, but the kids sense something bad is about to happen.)

Moe:  Something doesn’t smell right.   

Jacob:  Moe’s right.  I’ve got a really terrible feeling in my gut.   

Marvin:  You’re probably just hungry.  Come on, let’s go home.   

Rihanna:   Dad’s right.  All of you are decompressing from the butterflies you had earlier.  Look at you !  So bright !

Ann:  (they all reluctantly look at each other and sigh, deciding to follow their father’s and mother’s advice)  Fine.  We’ll go.

Marvin:  (narrating)  Sometimes senses dull with age, but I should’ve noticed the sense I was having as well.  I knew something wasn’t right.  There had been an ill omen in that auditorium.  I was just too afraid to say anything.  All I wanted to do was go home and celebrate my kids’ achievements.   That was all that mattered...I should’ve trusted my gut instinct.  

(While Ford makes changes, Mama’s Theme Remix from Tattletale plays.  Time moves forward and Marvin wakes up, but he doesn’t notice he’s a sheep at first.)  

Scene 3--Mutton Wrong With This Picture

Marvin:  Rihanna !   Kids, time to wake up…(nothing seems out of the ordinary until he realizes he, the kids, his wife, are all sheep)  What the HELL ?

Rihanna:  What’s wrong, Marvin ?   

Marvin: (freaks out)  Honey, you’re a sheep !  

Rihanna:  (laughs)  Yes, as are we all.   Where have you been ?  Come to think of it, you’ve been asleep the past few years.  Our kids are out on their own now.  You’ve got grand sheep.   

Marvin:  I...think I need to stay in bed for a moment.  I feel woozy.  

Rihanna:  While you do that, I’m heading to work.   Good thing your retirement earned us enough for our cush little beach home.  (she kisses him)  Goodbye my darling.  I love you so.  

Marvin:  (narrating)  And damn it, even as a sheep she was one sexy lamb.  

Sisk:  (at work)  Mange !   Oh thank God.  I don’t know what’s going on here, but this is totally abnormal.  

Marvin:   I assumed that.   What...happened to you ?

Sisk:  Ford screwed me over.   I went to him for help because I was jealous of your ability but he made me into a turtle.   I came back to the PD, trying to look up info on him but nothing.  Guy’s like a freakin’ GHOST man.   There is something seriously wrong with him.   I doubt he’s really a bull, too.  

Marvin: Wait ?  You said he’s a bull now ?  Man, I must’ve been asleep longer than I thought. What year is it ?

Sisk:  (looks at his holographic watch)  3030.  Things have changed, Mange.

Mange:  No shit, Sherlock.   You keep looking and digging as much as you can, I’m going to return to the scene of the crime.   What I should’ve done years ago.   

Sisk:  Alright then.   Later.   

Marvin: (back at the fair.  The time machine is still there but non operational) Oh for wool’s sake !   This is so STUPID !

(Dolphina appears)  

Marvin: (Grasps his heart)  You nearly gave me a coronary.  I don’t know how old I am now but I doubt I can take many more scares like that.   

Dolphina:  My name is Dolphina, and you are just the sheep I was looking for.   You know the truth of Dr. Baker, don’t you ?  

Marvin:  I met him many years ago at a glance but nothing struck me about him.  

Dolphina:   He was always in contention with my dad, the one who made you a multi animal.  

Marvin:  I saw him at the fair, too.   Maybe he can help fix it.  I want to make this right.   I screwed up.

Dolphina:  We all make mistakes.   We have to find a way to expose Ford for the faker he is.   He is going to be on TV. There’s a break in his costume.  You can get your hoof under it and viola.  He’ll be revealed as a fraud !  

Marvin:  It’ll be challenging though.  Everyone follows him.   

Dolphina:  He was the one that altered the human genome.   People wanted longer life as vegetarians and he had the solution.   Thing is, sheep aren’t that intelligent.  

Marvin:  I want my old life back.  

Dolphina:  You will have it.   I know how to fix the time machine.  My father is sadly, under Ford’s employ as a slave.  This is a personal score.   

Marvin:  How are you a dolphin though ?

Dolphina:  I come from a future where everyone’s a dolphin.  My daughter was responsible, but she wasn’t smart enough to build a time machine.  That’s where I came in.   I have quantum transports in wrist form that run off silica and quartz.   

Marvin:  That is absolute genius.   I’ll find out where Ford is.  

Dolphina:  (quietly almost prayer-like) The earth depends upon it.   

(Dolphina gets to work in fixing her father’s first time machine.  Marvin finds out where Dr. Baker is being interviewed and looks for any breaks in his costumery.  As Dolphina said, it was at the back of the neck and shows that he is flesh and blood just like any human being.)  

(Meanwhile at the Sheep house.)

(The TV turns on by itself)  

Cedric:  Hey, the TV’s on !  Our great savior, Minos is being interviewed !

Meryl:  Oh good !  I’ve been waiting all week for this !  Cedric, Fleet, Dolly, Lyle N., Eugene, come on !  Finish your newspaper.   This is more important than anything that propaganda says.  

(The newspapers read something controversial has been found about ‘Minos’ past, but they are obliterated.)  

Cedric:  I promise you, there will be alfalfa ice cream for dessert once all your newspapers are gone.  

Lyle:  I can’t wait.  I’m more excited about Minos though.   

Minos:  Good evening everyone !   

Scott:  I’m Scott Pampas.  It gives me great pleasure to be interviewing everyone’s most sought after bull of the hour, Minos, our Savior.  

Minos:  Please, Scott.  You give me too much credit.  I’m blushing !  

Marvin: (in a whisper, not even in earshot) Thankfully having this fluffy coat makes me so stealthy no one even hears me sneaking by…(from behind Minos)
Ha !  More like charlitain !  I should’ve stopped you years ago !  

Minos/Ford:  I-I can explain…

Scott:  H-how...It can’t be.  You were never a bull ?  

Marvin:  More like full of bull !  Am I right ?

Ford:  (narrows eyes)  I don’t know who you are and I don’t know how you ever found me out but I am going to sue you in court.   You’re going to be in the greybar motel a long time, son.   I’ve got lots of friends in high places.  You’re done for.   You hear me !   DONE !  

(He’s taken away, writhing as he does, read his rights and Marvin meets Dolphina again.)

Dolphina:  I got the machine running.   YOu can return to your own time whenever you want.  

Marvin:   He’s not going to take me to court, is he ?

Dolphina: Not even close.  Once they find his real records, which Sisk uncovered, he’s done for.  Go ahead.  You’re needed back home.   

(Marvin instead travels accidentally to the future.)  

Scene 4--Everything’s Fishy !  

Dolphina:  Marvin !   What have you done ?  

Marvin:  I know, I know.  YOu told me, ‘don’t touch anything’ but you forgot to take into account I’m still a freakin’ sheep.   

Finn:  What a rube.   

Dolphina:  Please excuse my husband, he can be a bit of a DICK !   

Finn:  Just callin a spade black, my jellyfish.   

Marvin:  So...how do I go home from here ?  I don’t want to mess anything up in this time frame.  

Finn: Keep your hooves off of stuff and I’m sure we’ll all get along swimmingly.   

Marvin:  (laughs)  Even though he’s kind of a douche, he is funny.  

Finn: (condescending smile, sarcastic look)  

Dolphina:   He is responsible for saving us all.   His son, Tilton is your many times great grandfather.  

Finn: No way !  (looks at his holo wallet for a minute)  Well shut my blowhole.  
He’s right.   

Marvin:  I won’t be alive to see any of this though, will I ?

Dolphina:  No, but your memory will live on through your children.   They will all contribute.  

Finn:  Mum’s the word though.  Don’t disrupt the continuum, starfish.  

Dolphina:  Wouldn’t dream of it.  I know better.   Oh, and give my grandfather this message.   (hands him a piece of paper)  He’ll know what to do with it.  

Finn:  Paper, how archaic !   (laughs merrily)  Funny how we used to use that so prodigally too !   How odd we were in those days.   

Marvin:  Thanks, Dolphina. Now back to the present.   

Dolphina:  Be well, safe travels.   

Marvin:   (narrating)  So with a few switch flips and button pushes I found myself out of sheep city and back to the good ol’ USA.   It was even a comfort to hear Sisk’s voice again…

(As he goes through time ‘Dog of Wisdom Red Remix’ plays)  

Scene 5--Back to ‘Normal’  

Sisk:  You know what’s weird, Marv ?  

Marvin:  That you’re calling me by my first name ?

Sisk:  No, not that, dingus.   Dr. Baker is gone.   I don’t know what happened to him but I was certain that he was going to be my meal ticket to a better life.  Now I’m stuck here…

Marvin:  You’ll never know.  

Sisk:  What do you mean by that !   

Marvin:  I can never tell, but you can try guessing.    

Sisk:   No one’s got enough time to do that.   You know I thought I saw you giving that weird Doctor something at that science fair yesterday.   What was that all about ?  

Marvin:  Nothing, really.   

Sisk:  I always knew weirdos came in packs.   

Marvin:  We weirdos will save the world one day, you’ll see.  

Sisk:  I’ll eat my badge the day that happens.  

Marvin:  (narrating) Little does he know someday he actually will, but he won’t be turning into a turtle that time around.   (snickering)  

Sisk:  Why are you laughing ?  I wanna know the punchline !   Come on, man, you’re holding out on me !   You suck !  

Marvin:  (narrating)  So my relationship with Doug didn’t really change much even after my sojourn into the future (light laugh) twice.   He wasn’t the jerk he had been but he was less of an ass now.   I guess some people just can’t handle another’s success.   Although I knew what the future held, I kept my lips tight because things might have been altered ever so slightly by my influence.   I’ll never know because I won’t live long enough to see if we ever do become dolphins.  What I learned from the entire experience is cherish what you’ve got. The good, bad, ambivalent, adequate.  Whatever form it comes in.   I count my accomplishments and blessings which grow more every day.   My kids continue to knock my hat off daily with their knowledge and insight.  All I can think about now is that weekend Rihanna and I’ll be having with them.  (laugh) We even invited Doug and his clan.   If our food doesn’t win him over, I don’t know what will.

(We see on the screen that Doug was finally swayed by the power of good, homemade country cooking, ribs, hamburgers, weiners on the grill and Caesar salad.  The kids desserts of flan, panella, lemon bars, brownies, blondies, cookies and the like make him turn his hectorish ways around.)

Sisk:  Hey, lend me some of those recipes will ya ?   I’m a real whiz when it comes to baked goods.

Marvin:  I did not see that coming, even with my eagle vision !  

Sisk:  Guess I’m full of surprises, huh ?  (hand out)  Friends ?

Marvin:  (shakes his hand and wags tail happily)  I was hoping you’d ask.  Yeah, friends, definitely.    

(And like in the first film, Marvin catches a frisbee in the park, thrown by Doug.   His kids are running marathons and winning prizes as the days become years.   Very pleased parents cheer from the sidelines.   Marvin even growls at a referee, played by Adam, who makes a bad call and backs off.  We’re treated to bloopers and a look into the future.  Indeed, the people of earth become Dolphins and we see a photo of the man responsible, Tilton Mange and his family.  There are statues erected in their park.  Even Marvin has one in his honor with Rihanna by his side.  The End appears in different letters shaped as animals.  Credits roll, bloopers play.  Initial inception of the idea was brought about by TTR but brought to life by your’s truly.  It’s a joint effort and it couldn’t have been done without his support and encouragement.  Thank you for standing by my side and spurring me onward, schmoogie.)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers