Infinite Possibilities

Synopsis:   A multidimensional being named Kitan from the star system Senz quantum dives to Earth.  He befriends a bookish girl named Sylph.  She wonders what direction her life is taking and he shows her every possibility she has as well as multiple versions of herself.   

~*~CAST~*~
Kitan:
Valtan: (Kitan’s father)
Anatan: (Kitan’s mother)
Sylph Wizowski:
Zelda Wizowski: (her mom)
Magnus Wizowksi: (her dad)
Diva Divina: (her best friend)
Capricia Divina: (Diva’s sister and Sylph's other bff)
Alice Divina: (Diva’s mother)
Luca Divina: (Diva’s father)  
Dark Sylph:
Businesswoman Sylph:
Artist Sylph:   
Traveler Sylph/Future Sylph:
Natatan: (their daughter)
Galvatan: (their son)  

‘Truth is love.  Love starts with you.’--Rap lyrics from ‘Still Alive’ from Yuri On Ice


Scene 1--In the Library

Diva:  (in a whisper) I don’t see why you find quantum mechanics so fascinating, Sylph.   It’s all just theory.  

Sylph:  I know, Diva, but I’m drawn to it.   I think time travel exists.  Remember Y2K ?

Caprica:  Of course, everyone does.  

Sylph:  The going rumor is a man named Joseph Titor.   He was a time traveler, coming from another timeline who had experienced Y2k came to warn us and, ultimately save us.   His interviews are recorded for posterity.   

Diva:  That still doesn’t prove that there are alternate timelines.   Only a select number of people were said to have seen or even spoken with Titor.  

Sylph:  Good point.  But you have to admit, it’s very thought provoking.  

Caprica:  We still have time for a mall crawl.   I think we all deserve a mani pedi.  

Sylph:  Capricia, I like the way you think.  

(They all head to the mall and relax to a bit of pampering.)

Capricia:  (the phone rings)  Yeah, mama.  We’re fine.  We’re heading home fairly soon.   Don’t worry.    

Sylph:  I was hoping that we’d be able to hang out at the arcade.  (she’s a little down)   

Diva:  (hugging her from the side)   We’ll have plenty of time next weekend.  It’s not like we don’t get to see each other.   Besides, tonight’s a school night.  

Sylph:  You’re right.  Hey, what say I treat you all to some ice cream ?   

Capricia:  Ooh, you read my mind.   

(Meanwhile in the star system senz on the planet Dvelium…)  

Kitan:  I’ve decided to head somewhere new.  

Valtan:  Are you certain about that, Kitan ?  

Anatan:  Isn’t Dvelium as good a place as any to explore ?  

Kitan:  I can’t be confined to the Senz quadrant alone.   There are plenty of worlds I have seen, but you both know the galaxy is endless.  I really want to test my abilities.   

(They embrace him close trying not to cry)  

Kitan:  You did the same when you were learning how to quantum dive yourselves.  Please let me see just how endless the galaxy is.   

Anatan:  Be careful, Kitan my divine one.  (kisses him)  

Kitan:  I will be.  Don’t cry mother.  It’s not like I’m phasing out completely.   

Valtan:  We know, we are just going to miss you.   

Kitan:  You know that I’ll be with you wherever you go.  If I am in distress you’ll know it.   Don’t worry so much, you’ll prematurely age before your time.

(He laughs and they laugh with him)

Kitan: Time for me to dive.  Take care, blessings go with you.  May the light guide me.  (He dives to ‘Yuri on Ice’ as if he is dancing ballet and disappears from view)

(Back on Earth)

Sylph:  (getting particles of food out of her teeth and taking a drink of water, yawning)  Night mom.  Night dad.   

Zelda:  Goodnight, little bookworm !  

Magnus:  Love you, lightnin’ bug.   

Sylph:  (swears she sees the mirror oscillating like water.  She touches it and her hand is taken, gently by Kitan.  At first she is too scared to scream but then does) What is going on here ?  Who are you ?  What did you do ?   How are you floating like that ?  Where are we ?  

Kitan: My, my.  So many questions.   Not unlike what I was expecting.   I’ve read a lot on your species.   You are quite the inquisitive types.  

Sylph:  (eyeing him, noticing they’re still ‘falling’ down a void of the cosmos)  What do you know ?  

Kitan:  We’ve been garnering knowledge for centuries.  I’m just one of many multidimensional travelers.  I come from the planet Dvelium.   I am called Kitan.  I suppose you could call me the Prince of my people.  

Sylph:  Fascinating.   I’m Sylph.  Some call me Sylvie.   

Kitan: (Kisses her hand)   The pleasure is all mine, Miss.  

Sylph:  Why did you unwillingly take me on this adventure of yours ?

Kitan:   It’s not unwillingly, dear.   I had seen your dreams.   Curiously, I sneaked in, unnoticed…

Sylph:  (shivers)  Creepy.  Are you some kind of voyeur ?  

Kitan:  (laughing)  Not at all.  I just want to open you up to the infinite possibilities your life has.

Sylph: Isn’t that going against the rules of space/time ?  

Kitan:   I believe we hold those in our hands.   I’m just giving you mirrors into alternate dimensions.  

Sylph:  So they do exist ?  

Kitan:  As real as this hand holding yours, dear.   

(Scene shift)

Scene 2--Meeting Her Darker Half

Sylph:  Who is that ?  Why is she so dark and melancholy ?

Kitan:  This is a version of you if you had never met your friends or decided to sink into depression.   

Sylph:  She’s terribly sad.  

Kitan:  Luckily this isn’t your Earth.  It’s just one of many in the galaxy.   

Dark Sylph:  I’m finished with this existence.   I’ve taken all I can.   (She pulls a trigger and suddenly ends her life, we don’t see it but we hear the horrifying ‘bang’ of the gun being fired.)  

Sylph:  Oh my God, why ?   She didn’t have to do that.  

Kitan:  There was nothing we could’ve done.   Her suicide is known as a fixed point.

Sylph:  (tries not to cry, but is getting very incensed over the whole scene)  This sucks.   I don’t know what her story was, but I feel attached to her.  

Kitan:   These are just different versions of you.  They’re you, but they’re not.  You are an individual apart from them.

Sylph:  Did you come because you thought I was suicidal ?

Kitan:  No, but I arrived because I wanted to show you what would occur if you were to be.  

Sylph:  What an awful waste.  So many people are coming to mourn for her.   As morbid as it sounds that’s making me feel a whole lot more confident.  Surely there has to be a better version out there.  

Kitan:  Yes.  Allow me to direct you to yet another earth.  (They dive into another Earth to ‘Terra Incognita’)  

Artist Sylph:  (she is making her debut, everyone’s buying her paintings.   She is decidedly lesbian and everyone supports her)   

Sylph:  Awww, how sweet.  She even has a little bun in the oven.  Wait.  How old is this version of me ?

Kitan: Judging by her girth, weight and structure, I’d say at least 27.  

Sylph:   Hmmm, I don’t think I want to become an artist though.  Not for a lifelong vocation.   It’s only a hobby.   

Kitan:  Let’s see what would happen if you became a businesswoman.   (He holds her close and they dive into another dimension.)

(Scene shift)

Scene 3--The Good and the Bad

Businesswoman:  (Going about her day to day, looking completely harried.  She seems to be locked into a sort of trance doing work and totally serious)  

Sylph:  This version of me is almost worse than the Dark Version.   

Kitan:  On this Earth, you followed your dreams to become a successful business owner but you became obsessed with outdoing everyone else so much you lost yourself along the say.  

Sylph:  She looks so lonely.   

Kitan:  Greed has a tendency to do that.   

Sylph:  I don’t want either one of these futures for myself.  I’m certain there are others and they are a mixture of the good and the bad.   I honestly say I like being around you.   

Kitan:  Even though I have just met you, I can say that I love you.   

Sylph:  Isn’t that a bit sudden ?  

Kitan:   Love looks with the heart and not with the eyes.   

Sylph:  (blushing lowering her head)   I’m starting to think you dove into my realm for more than just giving me a tour of alternate dimensions.  

Kitan:   (laughs)  That I did.  I hadn’t originally come for you, but I know now I can’t live without you.   

Sylph:  What happens now ?  After that confession, I know you can’t leave.  

Kitan:  (gently) That’s why I want you to take a leap of faith with me.   

Sylph:  That means I will have to leave everything I know behind.   No one is going to understand why.   

Kitan:  Actually you’d be surprised.

Sylph:  (narrating)  It was a difficult decision, but ultimately, I knew I had to go with Kitan.   I felt a connection to him that I hadn’t felt with any other man I had ever met.   In fact, I hadn’t known what being in love was like.  I  had always had my nose in a book or my hands occupied writing essays for class.   If anyone had ever had any fancy for me, I never noticed.   With Kitan, though, it was different.   His affection was unfiltered, pure, innocent and unconditional.   He wanted to teach me what it was like to be multidimensional.   The idea was heady, something I didn’t understand with my limited, 3 dimensional thinking.   However, that would soon change.    I said my goodbyes and I took my friend’s hand, diving deeper into love.    I knew wherever we went or whatever we saw would send ripples throughout the Cosmos that would ultimately transform it for the better.  

(An instrumental version of ‘JJ’s Theme’ plays as the two make their new life on Dvelium.  From time to time she and Kitan return to Earth and see how it is changing due to more and more people becoming open to stomping out limiting beliefs and realizing just how majestic and unlimited the mind is.)   

Scene 4--Two Worlds As One

Natatan:  Did you always know you liked papa at first, mama ?

Sylph:  Actually I did.   I sort of felt he was a little ‘creepy’.   It’s rude just to invade someone’s dreams without an invitation.  

Kitan:  I had been watching her from the beginning and I loved her then.  I couldn’t reveal the true reason behind that or none of this would’ve ever come to be.   

Galvatan:  You were creating your own reality.  

Kitan:   That’s right.   

Sylph:  I just had to trust him.   We related on a subatomic level the first time we started exploring different avenues.   I decided this one would be the best, and I got the two of you !   I couldn’t be happier.   

Nata:  I’m pleased we can exist in both worlds now.  We’re not confined by either of them.   

Sylph:  No.  Your only limit is your imagination.  I’ll never know what Kitan and I have spurred due to our travels but maybe someday the two of you will.  

Galavatan:  I wonder when that will happen ?  

Sylph:  (shrug)  We may not be bound by space, time or even location in our lives but time unfolds in its own way with or without us.   

Nata:   Come on mom, it’s kite flying day.  Grandma, grandpa !   Let’s go !  

Sylph:  (narrating) Of course, it’s not ‘kite flying’ in the conventional sense.  We can become kites ourselves and fly wherever we want.   I have never had this much fun in all my life and I knew it would only increase as I aged.   My friends were living their own lives on earth and doing exceptionally well in their fields.  Diva and Caprice often tell me it was due to my ‘leap’ that made them choose their vocations.   I’ve seen them mature so quickly over time and have families of their own.  Their parents are more content than ever, having grandchildren of their own.   My mom and dad feel a bit out of their league with Natatan and Galavatan, but they are adored and spoiled mightily whenever we go on holiday back on Planet Earth.   Funny, it doesn’t seem unusual saying those words.   Both of Dvelium and Earth are my home.  I’m a star gypsy, just like Kitan.  Wherever I am with him is home and will always be because love makes all things possible.  

(There’s a symphonic version of ‘Born to Make History’, followed by the two divers dancing to ‘On Eros’ going to unknown planets and helping where they are needed.   They give others the ability to be independent.   Nata and Galva learn from them and go even further, to what we think are the ‘dark reaches of space’.   But even there, life exists in different galactic quadrants.   The message of the script itself is even if one believes they are doing a small act, it creates ripples that we won’t be able to know of or comprehend until later on in our lives.  Maybe we won’t see their effects while we are alive but someday we will know just how much we influenced someone else.   That is what gives me hope and I’d like to consider myself a quantum diver like Kitan.   Even if I don’t get thanked for everything I have done, it doesn’t matter.  All I want is the Universe to become better and be a place of growth, enlightenment, peace, joy and laughter.)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers