Vigilantes Vs. Villains: Covert Operations (Part II)

Synopsis:  Taking place some 10 years after the initial forces have been formed, our younger generation begins to tackle the problem of villainy head on and open centers all over the world as adjuncts.  The web of light continues to be woven just as the web of darkness continues to try to occlude everything around it. 

~*~Our groups ~*~
G.A.M.S.--An intreped group of women going under the acronym 'Gorgeous Angelic Mechanical Scientists' whose goal is to save people an honest dollar and invent methods to save the world one experiment at a time.  Very innovative group, and all geniuses in their own right. 
Their members:  Ariel Sterling, Holly Akana, Emily Yoshida, Tabitha Burns, Joleen Jessup 
A.B.S.--A smart, swarthy, group full of swagger.  They are the Able Bodied Studs, usually helping GAMS in their work.  Like GAMS, they are college aged but mostly athletic types.  Not dumb beefcakes, don't let the handsome looks and smolders fool you. 
Their members:  Jaden Sterling, Momiji Yoshida, Colin Burns, Baxter Jessup
G.E.Q.--Gentlemen English Quotient.  From England and other European Nations, these gents help our other bounty hunters abroad.
Quincy 'Q' Haversham, Thelonious 'Lon' Haversham, Dominick Englebrecht, Hasaan Patel 
V.I.L.E.--Villain Intelligence Larcony and Evil.  Mainly older villians who have been in the game of lies and deciet for years and their underhanded dealings are notorious. 
Their members:  Meribah McClintough, Pele Ares, Marshall Ifrit, Hannabal, Julian Bloodmeir
W.A.C.K.--Wiley, Angry, Cantankerous Kooks.  Our more 'emo' villains, mainly younger stock but no less intimidating than VILE.  Usually work hand in hand with VILE. 
Their members:  Crimson Brent, Tsunami, Pariah, Chimera, Deluge

Chapter 1--TAs for New Recruits
    Greetings and salutations, everyone !   My name is Ariel Sterling and I am the daughter of Bree and Adam Sterling, the founders of the TAs or Training Academies.   There weren't always academies around until mom and dad saw a definite need for new recruits to be trained to face villainy worldwide.   They moonlight as other organizations.   These businesses stand alone unobtrusively to the outsider and look like a CD/media shoppe, kiosk, Hot Topic, restaurant, roller skating rink, bowling alley or even cinema.    Only the proprieters of the academies know the secret passageways and trapdoors that lead to the vast hub of agents and spies known as Justice.   The tubes transport us to the supercomputer and allow us all to work together, using our unique talents to rehabilitate agents from WACK and VILE that are still in effect even after the painstaking lengths those fighting for the forces of good have gone to in order to shift the pendulum in our favor.    Sometimes, it really isn't that easy.  So, we soldier on and do what we must.   After all, it is squarely put on our shoulders to carry the torch and continue being a light for the world that is so confused, muddled and obscured in corruption.  If we don't do so, who will ? 

Chapter 2--Juggling Work and Education
    My brother, Jaden and I often work on projects together.  We're inseperable but we know what it's like to work on our own.  In fact, the sole responsibility of operation of the supercomputer of Justice falls to me.   No one has ever had this much of an onus before, but my IQ tests proved me worthy of the task.   It keeps me busy, especially with all the homework that I have to do. 
    I don't feel overwhelmed by the amount of information I have to keep sacrosanct but sometimes there are days I simply want to be a post-adolescent.  All I know is that adulthood is inevitable but I am taking each day second by second.  I am living a full, active and adventurous life, meeting people from all over the globe and visiting places that I would have gotten no chance of seeing had I not ever been trained by my parents and the other agents of GAMS before it was left in 'my capable hands' as they so elegantly and eloquently put it. 
    The world, is, strangely enough, my oyster.  Being such a priceless treasure, it's up to my friends and I to keep it shining brightly, especially for those who come after us.   I feel very confident in knowing that those being trained by the TAs are educated in everything they have to know; combat, strategy, reverse pyschology, and the power of vocabulary.   Most of us talk our way out of rather tough pickles and our charisma, charm and dynamic personalities are enough to save us from danger.   We only resort to martial arts as a form of take down technique.  We never use guns because they are unneccesary.  With our influence, the rest of the world is beginning to see how useless primal weaponry truly is.   Also, we don't really rely too terribly much on technology.   Our best defense is our imagination, creativity, intellect and innovation.   TAs wouldn't have been invented had there been no need for them, but as the axiom goes, 'neccesity is the mother of all invention'.   Not only that but also, there has to be a hole in existence and nature abhors a vaccum.   It basically created itself and here we are today, with myself at the helm.   I can't say I have pride about it because that would sound rather pretentious and I am not a boor in any sense of the word.   All I know is that I provide a service; I am a servant to the light.   As simple as that. 

Chapter 3--College and Beyond
    Evildoers are akin to a hydra, and they spread like a virus, taking a new shape and form wherever they tend to take root.   There's no real way to identify the root cause of villains themselves since like us, they are stealthy and live right under our noses, unassuming, inconspicous chamelions.   They resemble the changlings in Terry Brooks' Chronicles of Shennara.   They may look innocent and trustworthy, even taking the form of someone you know, but it is all deciet.   It's hard to know whom to trust, but to this day, most of the 'elder' members of the factions we have rooted out are rehabilitated and upstanding citizens.   Still we forge our battle and do what we can to keep the world safe for her upright, righteous citizens.
    Mom had a girl band called Steampunk Romance she used for many intel ops in the past and it worked marvelously to her advantage.   She still plays in the band but moreso for entertainment and escapism than anything else.   Not only that but seeing her in period era costume mixed with the unmistakable chicness of steampunk gives her a little je ne sais quois that other groups simply don't have.   Inspired by that idea, I created High Tech Tea, a spinoff of SR.   Granted, it can never be so good as the original was but people seem to like our work.  Personally, I love playing and performing.   The costumes are quite the bonus too ! 

Chapter 4--Complexities of Romance
    High Tech Tea has given me the opportunity to meet billions even trillions of people.  It's also given me a spyglass into the world of hoodlums in the world.   There were also those who lived on the fringes of society driven by the allure of organizations like VILE and WACK.  I met such an individual in Matt Worthington.   Matt didn't have any parental figures growing up and both sinister operations were yanking on him, hard.   They saw his potential, as did I.  
    Like mom and dad before me, I knew I had the ability to sense talent and evoke it in others.   I was a grand motivator, and in fact, many of my friends at Justice or even back at GAMS gave me the nickname 'Coax' due to my surreal penchant for bringing out the best in others.   Many people would have never given Matt a second look, especially in how 'average' it appeared he was through his homework and test scores.   Nothing could've been further from the truth.  In time, I was able to get him to hone in on patterns teachers used to test their students and I even saw a bit of an agent in him.   I uttered the secret words to him once we had gained each other's trust and he has proven to be one of our best assets due to his checkered past getting away with five-finger discounts.   He no longer steals for others and is quite the gentleman.   In fact, ironically enough, even though Matt came from the wrong side of the tracks and never really had a true family until I came along, he has been nothing but a gentleman to me.  
    I haven't had any troubles with my relationship but sometimes the work of espionage makes it hard to maintain a romance, especially when you're deep under cover.  Emily had a bit of an issue with that with all of the guys that she has dated over the past.   Most of them were frogs in princes' clothing and she found out the hard way they were just trying to use her to gain entrance into GAMS or worse, into Justice.   Luckily, she shut them all down.   I felt a bit bad and guilty about how rhapsodically my relationship with Matt was going and we even hope to get married someday after college is through.   For now, we're happy with how well we fit.   Emily is simply glad just being herself.   She's one of the strongest role models I have ever met.  

Chapter 5--Never too Old
    It seems once college came to an end, our duty to help others was only beginning.   Unlike in the past, Matt and I could fully devote our time to lending our help to those who truly need it.   We do quite a bit of volunteer service when we're not upholding righteousness.   We even work in the local soup kitchen and donate clothing, books, toys, all those things we no longer need or have room for in our house to those who may not be able to afford them.   It always feels so rewarding doing something for someone else.   
    I've found out that even at my age, being only 36, I have a grand impact on the world around me.   Matt and I recently got married, much to the delight of everyone in GAMS, GEQ, ABS and Justice.   Mom and dad were overjoyed at our nuptuals and looking forward to any grandchildren that might be in their future.  Matt and I usually tease them, telling them to cool their jets.   Upholding ethics and morals is a job in and of itself, but we plan on having a family someday.  Luckily this line of work has a tremendous paternity and maternity plan in place for those amongst us that want to settle down a little.   What's so funny is one can never really retire from espionage.  It is always a part of your existence.   Strangely enough, I wouldn't want it to be any other way, and neither would any of my friends.   This work is reward enough.  

Epilogue
     As mom and dad predicted, not long after we had been married (it's been at least 5 years and boy, the years have flown by), we have had two children of our own; a boy named Brandon and a girl named Natalie.   Brandon was named after Matt's baseball coach, who happened to change his life and start making him more pensive about the bad decisions he had made in the past.   Had it not been for coach Brandon's influence, Matt might've never made it to the point he is at currently.   He doesn't even recognize who he was and only focuses on the present.  With eyes wide open, he anticipates a grander, more robust future to come.   As for Natalie, she was named after my beloved grandmother, who died not too long ago.   She was able to hold her granddaughter before she did and it makes me sad that Natty won't know the pleasure of playing with her namesake, but somehow I feel Nana will be with Nat in spirit.   We have had confirmation of that time and again.  We think that Nat sees Nana and even plays with her.  We know that Nana is her guardian angel.   
    Justice continues to mete out retrobution for the world and offer criminals a chance to repent and become valued citizens.   Of course, evil will never truly be wiped out and it may come in varied formats, but we know we will handle it no matter what obstacles may stand in our way.   It is our honor to be chosen to do such a monumental task, but we do so as a global unit.  

~*~From the journals of Ariel Sterling and Jaden, members of GAMS and ABS, CEO of supercomputer Justice, Guardian of Right 

   
   
   


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers