Pink Panda's Big Celebration

Synopsis:  The happy ending in the trifecta/trilogy of scripts.  Maurice finally asks for Cherie's paw in holy matrimony.  Surely a jovial event worth celebrating !  
~*~CAST~*~
Maurice 'Moe' Li: 
Cherie Felicity Cerise Li:
Fuschia Breeze Panda (Cherie's best friend): 
Goldie Cloud Panda: (Fushia's mom)
Onyx Claw Panda: (Fushia's dad) 
Ami Levity Panda: 
Jovial 'Joe' Panda: 
Marco Gregario:
Pablo Gregario:
Juan Gregario:
Lucas Gregario:  
Horace Horse: 
Hestia Horse: 
Molly Musk Ox:
Mulligan 'Mull' Musk Ox:
Tsundere Tapir: 
Tilly Tapir:  
Bo Blackbird:
Betty Blackbird:  
Lorenzo Llama:
Juana Llama: 
Mayor Leonard Lament:
Obscura Lament:  (his wife)
Hapless Lament: (his son)
Occluda 'Luda' Lament: (his daughter) 

Scene 1--This Changes Everything !
Cherie:   Maurice had become a citizen of Sunnyglen and time to time visited his home of Mirthberg, which was now quite the bustling city due to the changes the animals had enacted ever since my campaign of friendship, tolerance and unconditional love.   Kindness really does effect others in so many positive ways.  I had no idea until Moe returned with a report and something to surprise me.  
Maurice:  Cherie, you wouldn't recognize the place anymore.   It's transformed so much.  Everyone thanks you for your influence. 
Cherie:  (chuckling)  It's ironic, really.  First they wanted to get rid of me, and now they're giving me praises.
Maurice:  I don't see why not.  You're sensational !  
Cherie:  (blushing)  I wouldn't go that far, Moe.   I'm just an everyday panda bear.  All I want to do is try to make the world a better place by making others see what it's like to be kind to each other rather than finding fault with one another, fussing, feuding and fighting all the time.   I choose agape over vitrol any day. 
Maurice:  I knew there was a reason I couldn't keep myself away from you.
(hugging her and kissing her cheek affectionately)
Cherie:  (bashfully)  You are far too kind, my sweet.
Maurice:  The other reason I had returned to my old stomping grounds was because I wanted to ask you something. 
Cherie:  (tears brim at her eyes)  I think I know what you want to ask...
Maurice: (kneeling down with a velveteen box in his paws)  Cherie Felicity Cerise Panda, will you do me the honor of giving me your paw in marriage ?
Cherie:  I was wondering when you would ask me, Moe !   Yes, of course !  The answer is unequivocal !  
Maurice:  (spinning her around, dancing in elan with her)  I knew you would !   You've made me the happiest panda around.  
Cherie:  (curiously)  Now what though ?  We're going to have to do quite a bit of planning if we want to get this big celebration underway.
Maurice:  (straightens his plaid shirt with a bit of flair and self-assurety)  Don't worry.  I have contacts.  I know folks willing and able to help exactly where they are needed.  We can start right away, but we don't have to work our paws to the bone.  No worries.  You and me, babe, we can start planning on what we'll do after our wedding.
Cherie:  Ooo, la la, hubba hubba ! 
(The two of them laugh)  
Cherie:  (narrating)  It had happened much more rapidly than I had suspected, but I had an instinct Moe had been planning this all along.   I had been busy elsewhere, keeping in touch with my friends here and there and reconnecting with my girlfriend Fuschia who lives in the adjacent suburb, Amarilloville.   Even though we hadn't seen each other since our days of academia, I wanted her to be my best maid.   Of course, without hestitation, she accepted and couldn't wait to get dolled up for the big event.  

Scene 2--The Immense Gala
(Cherie is getting dolled up for her wedding and her father can barely keep himself from weeping tears of joy.) 
Jove:  (Cherie dries his eyes)  I don't know what's come over me.  I just can't help myself.
Cherie:  I don't consider it a sign of weakness, papa.   I've been a little overklempt myself.   (titters lightly)  I didn't fall far from the tree.
Jove:  I couldn't be more proud of you.   You look radiant.   You and your mother chose a spellbinding dress. 
Cherie:  Mom's more an expert on fashion than myself.  
(Mendelsohn's Wedding March plays)
Jove:  (deep inhale and exhale)  Here we go, hon !  
Cherie:  I'm ready, dad !   
(As she walks down the aisle, her mom is overcome by happy tears)
Ami:  (to the mayor's wife)  That's my little girl ! 
Obscura:   No longer a little girl but a gorgeous woman.  
Leonard:  She certainly has grown. 
Moe:  (At the altar, he has an immense smile)  Bo, I really owe ya.   I didn't know you could help me clean up this well. 
Bo:  Betty's the real miracle worker, not me !  (laughs) 
Moe:  What's that supposed to mean ?   Eh ? 
Bo:  You know I'm just joshing. 
Cherie:  (narrating)  There we were, joining ourselves together in holy matrimony.   I never thought I would be marrying someone so generous, kind, funny, intelligent and business saavy.   I had no idea what our future would bring, or that so many animals from my past were showing up to encourage me, spur me on and reassure me everything would be alright.   Sure, we would hit some bumps along the road sometimes but so long as we faced them together.  
(The Gregarios sing and Moe sings as the two dance together.  Cherie is met by old friends, especially her girlfriend from her school days.) 
Fuschia:  I couldn't be happier for you, Cherie.  Moe seems like a real class act.
Cherie:  He is.   He's really changed.
Fuschia:  (hugging her from the side cheerfully)  That's the power of love, dearheart. 
(she laughs)   You have to promise me something.
Cherie:  Sure, what is it ?   Anything ! 
Fuschia:   We have to get together more often.   I know you see me during our respective birthdays and holidays, but we have to have some girls' nights out every so often.
Cherie:  (gives her a paw)  Agreed.  You coudln't be more right.  
Fuschia:  What a gala.   Seems like everyone came to support you !  Not that you don't deserve it.  I can't think of any panda else more deserving.
Cherie:  (flattered)  Oh come now.   You're just biased. 
Fuschia:   So what if I am !   It's the truth.   (being called to the dessert table by a fellow friend)  I think that chocolate fondue fountain is calling my name.   I...can't...be pulled away from it.   The power of dark chocolate...it's TOO STRONG !   AHHHHH ! 
Cherie:   You're batty sometimes, Fuschia, but that's why I love you. 

Scene 3--Dispersing to Places Unknown
(We see Cherie and family chatting with new friends and old, savoring the joviality of the moment, food and cameraderie.   She begins to say farewell to everyone and gives all of her friends hugs and kisses goodbye, including Fuschia.) 
Cherie:  Bye, Fuschia.   Goldie, Onyx, take good care of her ! 
Goldie:  You know we will, darling. 
Onyx:  Pandas stick together, tougher than the strongest super glue !   Yin and yang colors in our fur, we see the difficult times through.
Goldie:  My beloved, ever the poet.  
Fuschia:  See you around, Cherie, darling. 
Cherie:  (waving) 
Moe:  Now we're off to the tropics, just you and I.   Whatever mischief shall we get into ?  (Supersillious look, tickles her a little, teasing her) 
Cherie: Ah, I do wonder.  
(Narrating as the scene goes dark, and we see a clip show of what becomes of our respective characters.  Los Gregarious become famous throughout the land under their new name,  Bo and Betty sell trinkets, Molly and Mull sell loans for homes, the Mayor and his family continue to enact fairness and justice to Felicityville.   Tsundere and his wife sell cacti and other plants, also use herbology to help the locals.   We soon see Cherie having a family of her own and Fuschia is there, celebrating this grand, auspicious occasion.)  
Cherie:  So much of our lives have transformed for the better.  Our life is even fuller since Gene came into the world.   He's a little bundle of energy but he's indefatigable and unpreturbed by the prospect of danger.   That means Moe and I have to be extra vigilant he doesn't get into too much trouble.   Fuschia has become a courtesy aunt and he dotes on her like he does his grandparents.   Life indeed is good and the best, yes, is yet to come !  
(The End)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers