I Knew You

 

I Knew You

(Dedicated to my mom)

Many thought you stoic

Some thought you strict

You were an enigma

I never figured how you ticked

But you played a mean air hockey

You played oldies, acted the ham

When it came to jokes, you always made me laugh

You were fun and frivolous

We were always carefree

You were always a first-rate sleuth

Solving any mystery

I saw your secret side

Even if you admitted you hated to cry

You wanted to appear in control and strong

You assured me it was you I could lean on

I miss you as much as I did in 2008

I know I’ll see you in Heaven again

Even though I’ll have to wait

So, I smile and think of you

And your goofiness through and through

Because I know the fun we’ll be spending

Watching you golf with that fox Peter Jennings

But ‘til then, your memory resides

And within my heart, you’ll always abide.

5/10/24

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Pajama Party at the House of Mouse