So Long, Shoestring

 After what seemed to be seven excruciating days, my intuition proved to be correct once again.  Troy, aka 'Anywhere Man' on TikTok, had come out with the shocking news that Mark Nichols (aka Hobo Shoestring) had been missing since March 26th.   It was reported that he had gone to the ER and exited quickly but supposedly, he was rather erratic, confused, and not at all himself.   After going home, he was then reported missing and all that had been found in his house were his phone, wallet, keys and kit.  Hobo had been without kit and other equipment before, but this was different because of his disorientation.  This was definitely out of character for Mark.   The moment I heard he was missing, a vision popped in my mind of the lake near his property.   Today, sadly, I find that my ESP was right on the money.   Although Troy didn't say whether the body found in the lake was Mark's, I think we can all conclude that it is him. He has/had been gone for 7 days.  2 days alone is enough to confirm someone as dead, according to missing persons (sorry to be morbid, but 9 times out of 10, statistically this is correct).   John and I wanted to meet him, but sadly, we never will on this side of the veil.   I'm sad because I've lost a friend, one I never got to see in person.   Guess we'll have to wait until we get to heaven to see him.  Shoestring, buddy, you'll be missed.  You already are.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers