Heartbroken

Stop the pain
Stop the bleeding
Stop the heartache I am feeling
I thought it was love
But it wasn’t me you were thinking of
You had your papers, you were set
You cheated on me, my heart’s been wrecked
Tears like rivers until the well’s run dry
My heart withers until it eventually dries
I wish I could harden my heart
Everytime I give love a new start
This always happens to me
Love blinds, making the wise foolhardy
I want to love
To no longer be alone
For the feeling of warmth in my home
I’m tired of feely empty
Tired, tired of being lonely
See, it’s a dichotomy
All I ask is why ?
Why can’t it be ?
All I long for is love
A family to care and think of
Yes, this is quite hard work
But my duty I’d never shirk
It rolls down to me
I’m a self-fulfilling prophecy
I guess that’s it
I’m supposed to be alone
I guess I have to travel this road alone.


5-13-19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers