Monster Doctors

Synopsis:  Blood is mysteriously disappearing from hospitals and blood banks, strange sightings of beasts are seen at the full moon, brains turn up missing in labs.   Only one conclusion is to be drawn--It is the work of monsters in the medical field and now hunters must either strike or negotiate a truce for coexistence.  

~*~CAST~*~
Dr. Vladislav Dragomir: (vampire)
Dr. Mina Dragomir: (vampire, his wife)
Dr. Circe Dragomir: (vampire, their daughter)
Dr. Napoleon Vanguard: (werewolf)  
Dr. Vanessa Inumimi: (werewolf, love interest of Leon)  
Dr. Rhys Bells:  (zombie)  
Dr. Gelinda Mells: (alien)  
Mad Scientist Kirkland Bane:
Creature Ione:  
Dr. James Walker: (zombie, love interest of Rhys)
Werner Pine:  (psychopath who created the ‘strain’)
Dr. Leeland Firmer: (substitute, human)
Dr. Craig Firmer: (substitute, human, twin of Leeland)
Hunter Claude Stryker:
Hunter Jeremy Elite:  
Hunter Barry Kindred:  
Hunter Alicia Myer:   
Hunter Urd Grimalkin:  
Hunter Kiruka Sokomori:  
Dr. Nathan Kirkland: (human)
Dr. Vitaly Bosque: (human)
Dr. Beatrice Bowman: (human)
Dr. Hokuto Nanami: (human)


Scene 1--Mysterious Disappearances

Nathan:  Good morning, Vitaly !  How are the patients today ?

Vitaly:  All seems well, Nate.   But something really weird has been happening.   

Beatrice:  I’ve noticed that too.  

Hokuto:   Tris has a valid point there.   You know how this month alone we’ve been experiencing drastic lows in our blood bank ?   

Beatrice:  Exactly so, Hokuto.   

Hokuto:  I don’t want to point any fingers amongst us, but I know it’s none of you who would do such a thing.    

Nathan:  (chortles)   

Vitaly: Then who could’ve done it ?

Beatrice:   (Shrugs)  Your guess is as good as mine.    

Hokuto:  Do you think another doctor could’ve done it ?  

Nathan:  (raises eyebrow)  Come to think of it, yes.   I have my suspicions about the Dragomir family.  

Vitaly:   Vladislav and company are some of the nicest folks I know !   They work hard, late into the night just to keep our patients healthy.  Some of them even get sent home early with a clean bill of health thanks to their dedication.   

Nathan:  I know, but they’re all so deathly pale.   It just seems, well, you know...odd.  

Vitaly:  Nate, you’re thinking too much.   

Beatrice:   Yeah, don’t rack your brain over it.   We’ve got rounds to do anyways, but I’ll see you around at lunch.    Laters, gators !   

(They all wave at each other and go their separate ways.   Vlad heard everything from a distance and becomes slightly anxious.)  

Vlad:  Do you think they know, Mina ?

Mina:  I don’t think they suspect anything, Vlad.   

Circe:  You need to cut back though, dad.   People are starting to notice.   

Mina:  It’s not just us that have to watch our backs.   Napoleon, Vanessa, Rhys and James have to be cautious too.   2 werewolves and 2 zombies.    

Circe:  It’s a regular monster mash !  

Vlad:  (un-amused, non-plussed)  Ugh, Circe.   Really ?  That’s so cliched.  

Circe:  Come on, pop !  I got a little bit of a smile out of you.  I saw a fang peeking out !

Vlad:  (puts hands over his mouth)  Oh, crap !   That’s only when I’m hungry.   (retracts fangs)  I don’t know what it is.  Maybe because I am closer to temptation.   

Mina:   It’s that and the fact that the humans we have been seeing have the purest blood we have ever tasted.    Like well made vintage wine.

Circe:  MOM !  Not helping !   

Mina:   I’m stating a known fact.   

Circe:   I get the feeling if we don’t slow down, especially Rhys and James in their brain consumption, we’re all going to get found out.    The Hunters will find us.   

Vlad:  (tches)  Hunters ?  I didn’t think they existed !   When Van Helsing died, so did the Hunter race.   

Mina:   Not necessarily.  He might no longer be among us, but there are Hunters amongst us.    

Circe:   They’re not like the ones of the past, I pray.   

Mina:   I don’t know, Circe.   My knowledge of the Hunter clan is extremely limited.   Anyways, we should get back to work, lest we draw attention to ourselves.   

Vlad:  Like we don’t do that enough with our complexions !   

(They all laugh for a moment, returning to their rounds and doing an excellent job.   No one seems to even find them unusual.   They just love what they do and get along with everyone.    There’s a bit of a problem, however, Napoleon feels the shift of the moon messing with him…)   


Scene 2--Moonstruck  

(Napoleon begins to scratch at his neck and pull at his collar.)  

Vanessa:  Something the matter, Leon ?   

Napoleon:  Nessa, you know the moon is completely full tonight !   

Vanessa:   I know, I can feel the shift coming myself.   

Napoleon:  I wanted to ask you out on a date but I was a little anxious, especially about my lack of control once the change has taken over.  

Vanessa:  Leon, I’ve been out with you before when you’ve gone wild.    

Napoleon:  (lowers his head and his voice)  I’m aware, I just don’t want to ruin it for you.

Vanessa: (holds his hands)  You never do.  Besides, when we are turned we are at our most authentic.   

Napoleon:  We have to get out of here, now.  

Vanessa:  You’re already turning ?  But your shift isn’t complete…

Napoleon:   (a bit irritated)  I’m painfully aware…(starts to shoot up hair and get fangs)
Oh, great.  Just fantastic…

Vanessa:  (holds his hand, which is turning into a paw)  We’ve done our rounds well, our substitutes will be here any moment.   Just hang in there, Napoleon.   

(Napoleon starts to feel his teeth coming out….)

Napoleon:  Oh, cripes…. (pushes them back in)  Get back in there, you little devils.   

Leeland:  Oh hey, Leon !  Hey, Vanessa !  

Napoleon:  (muttering)  Thank Diana.   

Vanessa:   Lee, you and Craig go ahead, take over.   The patients are calm and relaxed tonight.  Shouldn’t be too much of a problem.

Craig:  (salutes)  On it !   Glad to assist !   

Leeland:  (sings ‘One For My Baby And One For the Road’, Craig joins in)

Napoleon:  We’d love to stay and chat but we really really gotta run.  

Craig:  Oh, no problem, really.   You got a hot date with Nessa.   I’m not questioning that.  

Napoleon: (blushing)  

Vanessa:  (takes his hand and they walk out, into a darkly lit area where no one can see them change)

Napoleon:  (newly formed)  Now I am hideous !   

Vanessa:  Not to me.   I still think you’re handsome.   Hey, you’re not becoming feral like before…

Napoleon:  You’re right.   Maybe it’s because you’re with me.   We have a neutralizing effect on each other.   

Vanessa:  Seeing you like this is so romantic.

Napoleon:  Agreed.   Moonlit stroll ?  Hunt for some sheep ?   Hope that it gets blamed on mutilating aliens rather than us !  

(They laugh and start frolicking to ‘Fallin’ For You’ by R5.  Scene fade.)  

Scene 3--My PCP’s an Alien

Claude:  I’m off to get my yearly physical from Dr. Mells.   

Jeremy:  To prepare for the hunt ?  Does she know you’re coming ?  

Claude:  Gelinda and I have a very strong relationship.  

Jeremy:  You’re just enjoying the benefits, and you know it.

Claude:  (Blushing darkly, adjusting his collar)  Jeremy, that’s besides the point.  

Kiruka:  Admit it, you love that tentacle hentai stuff !  

Claude:  Kiruka, URUSAI !  

Kiruka:  (chuckling, firing back in Japanese)  Oh ho, I hit a nerve with the Captain.   

Barry:  When are we going to actually hunt though ?  I’m itchin’ to kill something.  

Alicia:  You always want to go about life violently, Barry.   

Barry:  I’m getting bored, Alicia.  

Urd:  I just noticed in the newspaper how there was a spotting of wolves where there typically are none.   

Alicia:  That’s awfully unusual, isn’t it ?  

Jeremy:  (nodding, pensively, thoughtfully)  Monster activity is on the rise.  I’ve heard of mysterious events like blood supplies dipping dangerously low, lab brains gone completely missing and unusual mutilations in fields.   The last one I know my precious would never do.   

Everyone else:  We have a very understanding relationship.   We know.   (slightly irritated)  We know.  

Claude:  We’ve been training and sitting on our thumbs for months though.  

Barry:  When do we get to go slaughter something !   

Urd:  Jesus, Barry.  You and the slaughtering.   

Barry:  I can’t help myself.  I get all kinds of worked up over sanguinary fluids and that oh-so-satisfying squelch when I have my prey in sights…

Alicia:  Dude, you are some kind of messed up.   

Barry:  Thank you for noticing, Alicia !  (takes pride in the remark and grins, knowing full well Alicia meant it as a slight to his ‘character’)  

Jeremy:  We’re doing things a bit differently.   Killing was the way of the past.   There was war that broke out between us and the unnaturals.   

Barry:  (grumbles, crossing his arms defiantly)  Why can’t we just stick with the traditional Helsing techniques ?

Jeremy:  The world has changed.   Now, either you can change along with it or remain fixed and inflexible.   

Barry:  (uncrossing his arms)  I’ll do it but I don’t know if I’ll like it.   This ‘new strategy’ probably won’t solve anything.  

Urd:  (punches him in the arm)

Barry:  Ow, Urd !   What was that for ?!

Urd:  For being a pessimistic Pete.  That’s why.   

Barry:  (rubbing shoulder, wincing a bit)  

Jeremy:  I’d better get going.   Gelida hates to be kept waiting.  

Claude:  (Jeremy leaves and Claude turns on the news.   There are more strange occurrences that have no scientific basis, just evidence that they happened.   No one understands what could be causing these issues)  I think it’s high time the Hunter Brigade went back into action.  

Barry:  Sweet !  That’s what I like to here !  (puts on brass knuckles with spikes and his spiked collar)  

Claude:  What did Jeremy say ?  

Barry:  (deflated)  Oh, man !   Come on !   I haven’t had a chance to give these babies a crack !   Just let me bludgeon ONE Walker with them.  KATOOM !  Right between the eyes.  They’ll never see it, they’re already dead.  I’m doin’ them a favor.  

Claude:  Perhaps you would be but think of our world now, Barry.  

Barry:  Maybe Jeremy’s right.  I’ve been seeing this all wrong for so long.   Jeremy is always so wise.  He’s been at the whole Hunter gig longer than all of us combined.   He’s our seasoned combatant.   Seen it all, done it all and now thinking outside the proverbial box.   

Urd:  The other Brigades think what we’re doing is unorthodox.   I think it’s humane.  We’re going to give the unnaturals a choice.   They’re similar to us, save their immortality and bizarre transformations or quirks.   

Claude:  I think we can learn from them.   Jer has a lot of plans for us to live in harmony.  

Alicia:  The only trouble with that is not all unnaturals think the same way Jeremy does, let alone Hunters.    

Jeremy:  (comes back)  Man, my ears were burning.  You guys were talking about me, weren’t you ?  

(They look at each other in an innocent way, none of them indicating each other, trying to maintain poker faces but it’s a moot point.)  

Jeremy:  (beams a huge smile)   I have a case to crack at the local hospital.    

Claude: (leans against him)  So.  How’s Gelinda ?  (nudges him playfully)

Jeremy:  (light blush) As astronomical as ever.  One day I’m going to marry that woman.  

Kiruka:   Better get on it because we’ve got a problem…

Jeremy:  What do you mean by that, Kiruka ?  

Kiruka:  (pointing to her IPhone)  Apparently an unnatural has gone rogue.  It was the experiment of a mad scientist, Dr. Kirkland Bane...That name !  

Urd:  We had run ins with Bane before.  He’s a nuisance.  

Alicia:  (facepalm)   Don’t remind me.   Whatever possessed him to actually go through with creating his creature this time is beyond me.   She’s wreaking havoc.   

Barry:  So, should I ‘persuade’ him with a lil’ thunder (kisses right fist ) and  lightning ? (kisses left fist)  

Jeremy:  We might have to.  

Urd:  (twirls her bo staff into a holster that’s in place along a leather backstrap, it clicks into place)  Good thing my staff skills never dulled with age.   

Claude:  Let’s have a bit of a conversation with Bane then.   

(A huge smile peaks out on Jeremy’s face.   He is ready to battle.  Scene end.)  

Scene 3--Barry Can’t Get No Satisfactory Violence

(What could be an incredibly fast-paced fight scene is set up and Ione wants to lash out, not knowing any better.)

Kirk:  Oh thank the Stars… I knew you’d come.

Kiruka:  Well...that was an unexpected greeting.   

Claude: (flabbergasted)  Hashtag, loss of words.  

Kirk:  I created Ione with the intention of developing a submissive partner.   

Alicia:  I won’t even begin to state what’s wrong with the construction of the thoughts behind that sentence.  

Jeremy:  Hear him out, Ally.

Kirk:   It was never my intention for her to have this type of personality.  I programmed her, so I feel responsible…

Claude:  We’ve got her.   

Barry: I’ve got her !  (readying his knuckles)  

Urd:  Seriously, Barry.   You are obsessed.   

Alicia:  I’ll handle this.   Ione…

Ione:  (in the midst of a rampage, she stops and approaches her, curious)  Pretty hair...Nice clothes.   Another lovely lady…

Urd:  Oh, thank you !

Ione:   Beautiful ladies won’t hurt Ione ?   Other people tried to harm her…

Kiruka:  We won’t hurt you.  (Gives a stern glare and glowers at Barry)

Barry: (puts away knuckles and shows open hands and that he means peace rather than destruction)  We just want to know what possessed you to go into a rampage.  

Ione:  Ione really doesn’t know.   Might be something wrong with Ione’s programming.   Kirk, my love, input all the data.   Something went wrong.   Might be a glitch.   He can’t figure it out, despite his genius.   

Jeremy:  (takes a look at her back panel and has her sit still, does a little reworking and there seems to be no trouble)  Just some crossed wires is all.  

Ione:  Thank you.   (kisses him)  

Kirk:   That kiss better have been platonic, Ione.    

Ione:  It was, sweetness !   

(As they walk away, Barry sees why Jeremy wanted to use peaceful tactics although he isn’t used to it.)  

Barry:  Sorry I was such a challenge to convince.   It’s hard after being a scrapper for so many years to overcome fighting for survival.   It doesn’t come natural to me.   

Alicia: (arm around him)  You’re getting there.    

Urd:  (notification on her phone)  Looks like we’ve been notified of a disturbance.   The head of the Hunter Brigade says it’s urgent.   

Claude:  What does Hunter Yarland say ?

Urd:  (reading)  It is the same snippet we saw earlier.   George says it’s gotten worse.   

Kiruka:   Let’s get a move on then.   The sooner we find the monsters behind this the quicker we can rest easy tonight.   

(scene fade)  

Chapter 4--Peaceful Negotiations

Beatrice:  Hokuto, have you seen any brain specimens in the lab ?

Hokuto:  No, Bea.  They’re all missing.  Tissue samples, blood, mostly blood though.  

Vitaly:  I’m telling you guys, it’s Vlad and the others.   I swear we’ve got vamps and zombies on the loose  !

(The Hunters come in, just in time)  

Kiruka:  Did someone ask for a Hunter’s assistance ?

Nathan:  (points to self)  But don’t let the monsters know.   If the vampires found out they might come after us next.   

Barry:  (tries not to laugh)  A vampire or zombie wouldn’t sink that low.   They aren’t savage creatures !    

Nathan:  (shrinks a little in embarrassment)  I didn’t mean to pass judgement.   We’re just a bit on edge.   Blood and brains have been in high supply after we were hit with a natural disaster.    

Urd:  We’re aware.   It’s completely normal to have this kind of knee-jerk response.   

Bea:  We think we know who the responsible parties are.   

Alicia:   Let us do the talking.   You can go back to your rounds.    

Vitaly:  Thank you, Hunters.  

Hokuto:  We owe you !   

Jeremy:  (narrating)   Each unnatural we interviewed had the same trouble with addiction.   Being around the source of their trouble didn’t help matters.   The only problem is should we remove them from the very thing that gave them vitality there might be a vendetta put upon us by some members of their clans.    We had no trouble with the werewolves.   They had managed their issue and only transformed outside of the public eye.   These beings though had no other help.   My team felt like counsellors leading creatures out of the darkness and into the light.    These doctors helped others and often without credit or thanks.  Dragomir had recently saved a life.    Dr. Bells and Dr. Walker, funnily enough, were brain surgeons, the best in the tri-county and tri-state area.   It was a rough patch, a bit of a pickle.   If their hunger grew out of control, there would be nothing left to sample or donate and both organ and blood banks were growing desperate in these volatile and vulnerable times.   

Vlad:  It was never our intention to be overrun by bloodlust.  

Circe:  (tries not to laugh)  Good one, papa.    

Mina:   Circe and I aren’t that affected, but Vlad tends to forget gorging himself.

Vlad:  It’s like all the patients I have are vintage wines.   It’s not as if I am in dire need.   I have had plenty to last for eons now.   I think I might have a sickness.   

Claude:  I heard of this back in the shaky Helsing days.   

Vlad:  (bristles)  Speak no more of this murderer.  He’d sooner steak us or expose us to direct sunlight than help as you are.  

Rhys:  There has to be a way.    I want to be in a world where I can roam freely with my soon to be partner.  

James:  Rhys !  (blushing)  I knew you were stuck on me but I didn’t know how strongly.  

Rhys:  Panic tends to make me forget and sometimes I blurt out my deepest feelings.   

James: (grasping his hand tenderly)  There’s no apocalypse coming.   I know you’ve got a similar disease.   I certainly pray it isn’t contagious.   

Rhys:  (starts to feel a bit ill, and Vlad is experiencing the same symptoms)  Run, I don’t know what’s happening but I think the virus is… (tries taking a bite out of Barry and Barry clocks him, hard)

Barry:  Sorry mate, it had to be done.  

James:  I really love you, Rhys but I’ve gotta save my own skin !   Forgive me !  

(Vlad starts to lunge at Urd’s throat and she knocks him out with her bo staff)

Barry:  Damn girl.  Remind me not to get on your bad side.   

Urd:  (smirks sexily, flirting with him somewhat)  

Claude:  We all need to regroup.  

Jeremy:  Precisely.  (they find a safe location to lay in wait.   Calls up Kirkland.)  Come on, Kirkland, pick up.  

Kirk:   Dr. Bane speaking.   

Jeremy:  This is Jeremy again.  I need to ask a favor of you.  

Kirk:  What is it ?

Jeremy:   I’ll make it quick.   Reader’s Digest version.   Rhys has been overtaken by a virus that has made him feral.   Vlad is turning as well.    It doesn’t seem to be affecting the werewolves but I get the sneaking suspicion it might be transmitted by a bite.   

Kirk:  Funny you mention this.   I had been studying for just such an event.   Always be prepared, I frequently say.   The serum I’ve made is a prototype.  I don’t know if it’ll work but I might as well test it.    

Jeremy:   Head to the hospital !   We don’t have much time.    

(There’s a very rapid transition scene as Kirk arrives and heads into the fray, ready for combat but most importantly, inoculation.)  

Kirk:   Stop dodging me !   The sooner you’re inoculated the better !   (The spry doctor bobs and weaves, avoiding bites and he is able to inoculate them both)  My GOD… It’s done.   Thank heaven.  

Rhys:  (starting to de-escalate and return to himself)   What just happened and where the heck am I ?   Where’s John ?  

Kirk:  Welcome back to the realm of sanity, son.   

Rhys:  (confused)  Thanks.  I think ?  

Vlad:  (returning to normal)   Hey, how did I get here ?

Kirk:  Long story.   Come on, let’s get back to normalcy around here .  

Jeremy:  (narrating)  Turns out this strain that had been released was a warning from someone who hated us and wanted revenge.   I had nearly forgotten the moniker Werner Pine until I had heard Rhys’ tale of having a random patient in the hospital.  He seemed sane enough at first glance.   He had an unusually hypnotic gaze.   From what I heard the Doctors were saying he had come in last week for a check up from Vlad but Vlad reported feeling a little ‘woozy’ afterward.    That vertigo was an effect from a concoction that Werner spread inconspicuously.    This attack was a threat to monsters everywhere and a sleight against the Hunters.    Werner was a shunned Hunter due to unorthodox practices of torture just to uncover the monster’s safe haven.    That night, known forever as the Black Purge, will forever be a scourge on the Hunter’s conscience.  
Werner Pine...I thought it’d never come to this…

(Fade to black)  

Scene 5--Werner Pine Strikes Again

(Werner has been living his life as a recluse, secluded and cloistered from humanity.   He hates monsters and wants to eradicate them as he did when he earned the Hunter Brigade’s trust back when he has been a member.    Looking over his serum, he grins evilly.   The brooding lighting makes him look like something out of a German horror film.)

Werner: (tapping the syringe to make certain the serum is ready)   A more potent batch.   This will unravel the most civilized of monsters.    The hospital was a bad move to start with.    I need a patient zero...And the most detested monster will do.    

(Tense music plays in the background as he bundles himself up in a hoodie and sweatpants, dart gun at the ready.    He seeks out targets to hit from a distance.  From afar off, he hits a teenage vampire, ‘patient zero’ he calls him.)  

Werner:  This is the beginning of the apocalypse.  You, my darling typhoid bloody Mary, are just the ticket I have been searching for.  (secluded behind a bush, he shoots out the blow dart.)

Teen Vamp:  OW !   Son of a bitch...Mosquitoes in October ?  Hmm.   Global warming, most likely.    (starts to feel himself change and begins biting other vampires)   

Alicia:  (on her way home but feels a ‘disturbance’)  Something isn’t right.   (calls the other Hunters)  

Urd:   I think our adversary is on the move.  We’ll stop whatever problem is in progress and catch up with him.   We may need back up though.  I get the feeling this issue is viral.  

Jeremy:  (narrating)  That wasn’t even the half of it.   We were grossly outnumbered but somehow, in our prowess we managed to avoid getting bitten ourselves.   We caught up to Werner, who thanks to his age, had slowed down and was recuperating.  

Werner:   Damn...You spotted me.

Jeremy:  Werner.   Long time.   Can’t say it’s a joyful reunion.

Werner:  Go fuck yourself.  

Barry:  As charming as ever I see.   

Werner:  Eat dicks and die, Barry.   

Urd:   We can do this easy or hard.   You choose.   Either way, you can’t outrun us anymore.  

Werner:   Shit.  Well, it was a good run.   (winks)  See what I did there ?

Alicia:  Your puns were annoying then, and they’re annoying now.    

Claude:  (notices Werner is trying in vain to escape)   Nope.  You’re done, Pine.  Pack it in, pack it up, ship it up, ship it out.   See ya !   

Urd:  (high fives Claude)  Sick burn, yo.

Claude:  I may not be the hippest person alive but I know how to insult properly where it counts.   

Jeremy:   (narrating)  Werner Pine.   (inhales and exhales sharply)  He was put into custody.   The young teenager who had been targeted was quarantined and cured before the strain became viral.    We destroyed any trace of it.    As for the doctors, we held a counsel with them and we learned we’re not so different.    Times have changed and with that transformation of how we view society, we helped our friends combat temptations and additions.   Before long, the issue with missing tissue, blood and brains had become a thing of the past.   In a wink we found ourselves becoming more integrated with those whom we thought were our enemies.   To be honest, we all have a bit of monster in us all, but when we learn to confront it and tame it is when we become more human.   

(We see the Hunters attending weddings, especially that of Rhys and James.   ‘Endless Love’ plays in the background as well as an instrumental of ‘The Flame’.   Credits roll.  The true inspiration for this script came from Eddy Hairoby’s mind.   It is his brainchild, I merely brought the characters to life.    Should he want to use it as a movie and edit where he wishes, I do not mind.   We are still friends and I feel if this becomes as big as I think it is or will, he will get half the profit.   It’s what a loyal buddy would do.   Thanks Ed.   I owe you big time.   As for the message of the film, everyone needs to hear it.   Our society needs to realize we’re not islands and we cannot possibly go about this life alone.  The sooner we realize kindness, compassion, tact, politeness and common sense are the tenets that keep us all together, the better off we will be.    Also, the film will include bloopers which I am certain will be hysterical.   Thanks mom for getting me into B movies.   Most of what I wrote probably wouldn’t have been possible without your genuine interest in me and unique influence. )








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers