Glory of Autumn

All the hues, so vibrant
My breath within is stilled
The colors are only seen at fall
How curious, but its beauty thrills
Alas the leaves must fall
Just like the changing season
All has its purpose and time
God alone knows the reason
This my favorite time of year
Friends gathered, hearts warmed, full of cheer
Thankful for all good and pleasant things
And the love and joy each of them brings
I pause and reflect
At the woman I've become
Knowing, eventually I will have found my home
A gypsy I wander,I roam
Yet I am not lost
I'll reach my glory soon someday
Whatever the cost
Onward, forward, ever straight I go
Weaving the hues of autumn we'er I rove.

11/10/18 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers