Cry Out to God

Grief can be humbling

It reveals true intentions

That’s one small detail 

People neglect to mention

There will always be a void

And It can’t be ignored

But I’ve put full trust

In my Abba, the Lord 

The three are by me 

Each and every day

When I feel ignored 

They listen to what I say 

I’m leaning harder

Praying every day

That if my desires are unholy 

‘Please take them away’

Sometimes its hard 

I walk where few feet trod

In this Valley sometimes all I do 

Is cry out to God 

Sometimes no words emit

I am awash with tears 

I shiver in sadness 

I’m awash with fears 

Somehow tears dry 

I live another day

God alone to hear my cry 

I know I don’t cry in vain 

My beauty comes from ashes, Lord 

I will come through

Slogging through the muck and mire

Washed, I stand anew 

Yes, the lonesome tides ebb and flow 

My faith remains steadfast

For my weeping will turn to dancing

I’ll rejoice at last 

I wait on Him

He renews me

My joy and peace fulfilled

In Him I remain contented

For He says, ‘Peace, be still’

I remain walking

Forever by His Side

Knowing I’ll not falter

For He ever is my Guide.


12/1/21 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers