Alive With the Fire of the Spirit

Along my journey in finding a new place to live I underwent the most difficult trial I have ever experienced. In 2016, my dad departed this mortal coil. There are days I miss him but I know he still watches over me and checks in on me rather frequently through signs and cosmic nudges.

I still belong to my home church, First Christian. I always will. However, when I moved, I had no church to attend. I had made a friend at work. She was from El Salvador and she was impressed with my multilingual talents. Compelled, she persuaded me to attend her church, Fuentes de Vida (otherwise known in English as the ‘Fountain of Life’). At this time in my life, I had been diagnosed with bipolar mania, Type 1. I was scared to go outside my comfort zone but I knew my friend was a strong, upright, God fearing woman. I was feeling lost and alone. Trusting in God myself, I took a leap and went with her. Everyone was so warm, welcoming and loving. Since being a part of this Pentecostal, charismatic congregation I have been delivered of my bipolar mania. I have been fortunate enough to witness miracles.

Even recently, we were blessed by famous Christian singer, Roberto Orella. He’s originally from Chile, but he has evangelized through his resplendent music. I and my family were all touched by his testimonies and we even heard an exciting prediction, ‘Next year in Israel !’ I believe it, and receive it ! My other avenue for taking this trip has disappeared, but that’s no matter. One way or another, I can confirm without a single doubt in my mind that next year I will be walking where my Savior walked.
Since originally penning this, these words have not yet come to pass, but I figure whenever it is my time to go traveling where the Disciples trod, it will be the trip of a lifetime. Even though Roberto predicted us going, I still feel it is a very highly likely chance. I’m not psychic in this manner so I am not certain when exactly that will be.

Fuentes is a church that’s growing. When it started, Pastor Raphael and his wife, Blanca, only had 7 people in the congregation. Now, the church is 70 years old, there are over 100 members and the church continues to expand. Raphael is currently seeking a larger church with more available parking spaces. I certainly feel this is on the horizon. I sincerely feel that the people in our congregation are anointed and blessed. I feel my Samuel from the spiritual retreat is well on its way to me. I have faith, I just have to be patient.

I must admit that since I have started, I am much happier and I feel less lonely. Even though these people come from different countries and most of them speak only Spanish, they are my family. I have been inexorably blessed by coming here and hearing the Word preached and seeing God in motion every time I enter Fuentes's doors.


Originally penned 9-13-18
Transcribed to computer February 6, 2019

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers