Chimi & Changa: 420

Synopsis:  Ah, 420, the official holiday of stoners.   Changa decides to throw a huge block party and causes somewhat of a public nuisance.   Chimi gets extremely frustrated and loses her temper for the first time with her best friend.  Changa fights back saying she’s totally uncool and the two won’t even talk to each other.  Not enjoying the negative vibes, Ferdi convinces her to make amends with her friend and put together a ‘friendship celebration’ to repair the damage that anger’s scars have left behind.   

Conchita ‘Chimi’ Lopez:
Ferdinand Lopez:
Bruno Lopez: (their son)
Mariposa ‘Mary’ Lopez: (now a toddler)
Lupita Chiquita: (her mom)
Salvador Chiquitar: (her dad)  
Joaquin Chiquita: (her grandpa)  
Lori Chang:  
Li Chang: (her dad)  
Bluebell Chang:  (her mom)
Kabe Chang: (her grandfather)
Fiona Chang: (her grandmother)  
Officer Bill DeMayo:   
Officer Cincinnati ‘Cincy’ DeMayo: (his brother)
Kabe Eli Cohen:
Solomon Cohen: (Jake’s dad)  
Esther Cohen: (Jake’s mom)
Rebecca Cohen: (Jake’s grandmother)
Tommy Chong:
Cheech Marin:
Wiz Khalifa:
Snoop Dogg:
Charlamagne the God:  
Ice Cube:
Iced T:
Sean ‘P-Diddy’ Combs:  
Willie Nelson:
Harold:
Kumar:  
Mr. Wobbles:  



Scene 1--I’ll Be Over Here…

Chimi:  (waking up to the droning sounds of ‘I’ll Be Over Here’)  What in the blue blazes… Ferd, what time is it ?

Ferdi:  (looking groggily and fumbles with the alarm clock, nearly falling out of bed, finally falls out of bed, and Chimi falls atop him)  Well, good morning, sunshine.  Awaken the dawn indeed.   

Chimi:  (titters)  (looking at alarm clock)  Are you serious ?  It’s 3:00 am.  Doesn’t Lori know it’s too early for a party ?  

Ferdi:  You know what day it is.  

Chimi:  (facepalms)  Yes.  It’s 420.  Unofficial ‘pot holiday’.   Man, I bet she has every marijuana junkie over there under the sun.   

Bruno:  What’s with all the noise ?    I can’t believe Mary can sleep through all this ruckus.   

Ferd:  Well, bud, she had a big day with gramps and grandma yesterday at the museum.  It really tuckered her out.   

Bruno:  And to think I was having the most awesome dream.   You see, I was a dinosaur rider.  I had a velociraptor…

Chimi:  That does sound incredible.   

Bruno:  I was a Neanderthal knight of the land, protecting it from all harm !  Mary, however, is such a sound sleeper I doubt the apocalypse could wake her.   

(‘Rock Star’ plays in the background)

Chimi:  I’ll go have a word with Aunt Changa.  See what all the hubbub is about.   

Ferdi:  (puts on soundproof earmuffs, contented look, blissful sigh)

Bruno:  Dad, you’re a genius.  I’m glad we invested in these years ago.   G’night guys.  
(dashes off to room and no more noise is heard from it)  

(‘Wait A Minute’ plays.   Chimi gets a bit irritated.  Then Gucci Gang plays.)

Chimi:  Oh hell no.  Not that song.  Not today.   Wait a minute was annoying enough but follow it with Gucci Gang ?   Hell to the no.  

(Scene merge)

Scene 2--Having It Out with Changa

Whiz:  Hey, girl…

Chimi:  Normally I’d say hey back, Whiz but I’m not playin’ today.  

Whiz:  Woah...She’s pissed, brah.

Willie:  I’ve never seen her this hot.   

Chimi:  (storms up to Changa)  Changa.  Or should I say LORI EHWAH CHANG ?  

Changa:  Oh, shit.  How do you know my full name ?  

Chimi:  You dumbass.  I’m your best friend.  

Changa:  Shaaaa.   I know.   Have a toke.  You’re puttin’ off a really negative vibe and well, I ain’t diggin it.

Chimi:  LORI !  It’s 3 in the Goddamned morning !  

P-Diddy:  I was telling you it was a bad idea.  

Harold:  See, P-Diddy, Kumar and I were all on the same page.  Even if we are lit as fu-uck.  

Chimi: (Crosses arms)  I don’t much care that today is 420.  You could’ve done it later and I would’ve been fine with it.  

Willy:  Apostasy.  Take back your blasphemy, heathen !

Chimi:  (seething)  

Changa:  (trying not to laugh) Ookay, maybe I didn’t check the time on my watch and I lost track of everything.  

Chimi:  This is happening more often, Lori.  It needs to stop.  You woke us all up.  Luckily it’s the weekend so, it’s not a school night.   

Changa:  You’re pretty angry about this...Have a pot pie.  

Chimi:  (enraged) Oh.  My God.  You aren’t taking this seriously.   Well, since you aren’t going to listen to reason I’m done.   

Changa:   (getting rather upset herself)  You know what.  You suck.   Go ahead.  Walk away.  I don’t care.   I’ve got all the friends I need here.  

Chimi:  (rolls eyes, under her breath)  Whatever.  

Cheech:  What the hell just happened ?

Tommy:  I don’t know, Cheech but it is a major bummer.   Ah, well.  (finger to lips)  We’d best keep it down while we (as quietly as he can) PARTY !  WOOOOOOO !  

(Chimi stomps away, huffily)  

Scene 3--Mexican Standoff, Literally

Ferdi:  (seeing Chimi irate)   What’s the matter, corazon ?  I’ve never seen you mad.  Ever.   

Chimi:  Well, LORI started it.  I would’ve supported her dumb little celebration if she hadn’t awakened half the people in the neighborhood.   

Ferdi:  Did you talk with her ?  

Chimi:  Yes, but she decided to be stubborn.   I’ve got other things to do.  Anywhere far away from her.  

Ferdi:  (sighs sadly)  Alright.  It’s probably good for us to get a break anyways.   

(Chimi, Ferdi and family go out to ‘Flamingo’ to the local Dave and Busters and the kids and grandparents have a blast, oblivious that Changa and Chimi are not speaking to each other.   Ferdi finds her on the dance floor shaking a tail feather but he knows she is just putting on a front.)  

Ferdi:  Conchi, I know this isn’t like you.  Can’t you at least see Lori again, apologize ?

Chimi:  (breathes in deeply, exhales sharply)  I know a good way to do it.  How about a friendship celebration ?

Bruno:  Did I just hear the words friendship and party ?

Mary:  (jumps up and down)  Party !   

Ferdi:  (cleverly with capriciousness)  Got you outnumbered, tesora.  (winks and kisses her)

Chimi:  You knew I’d say yes, even without your prompting.   (looks at them all knowingly)  What are we standing around for ?  Let’s get to work.   

(They speed off and begin to prepare the party to ‘I’ve Got a Feelin’, followed by Mr. Wobbles singing ‘Da Wae’ as a dance mix.)  

Chimi:  If Wobbles doesn’t bring her here with that ridiculous meme…

Changa:  (in Ugandan accent)  I know this is da wae.  It always was da wae…(she begins sobbing)   

Chimi:  Oh, come here, honey.  It’s ok.   

Changa:  You did this all for me ?   Just to make up ?

Chimi/Ferdi:  It’s not over, Lori.  

Bruno:  Oh, no.  There’s more.   (They show a video of Chimi and Changa growing up, laughing and having fun, Queen’s ‘Best Friend’ plays.)  

Changa:  (bawls again)  I’m so sorry.   (singing ‘Sorry’ by MJ)

Chimi:  (places a finger to Changa’s lips)  Say no more, darling.  I get the jist.

Wobbles:  Just kiss her already.  

Changa:  Ugh, it ain’t V-Chat and we ain’t lesbians.  

Wobbles:  A guy can dream.   Got any requests ?  

Changa:  More of Da Wae 1

Chimi:  (smiles goofily)  Only you, Lori.   

(Wobbles chuckles and starts singing the Smash Mouth cover of ‘Da Wae’.  All the original guests to the 420 party are partying to 24 Karat Magic, Finesse and Wolves, amongst other new hits.   Bloopers, gaffes and gratuity is given to people responsible for making this vision reality and celebrating this unofficial insane holiday, which is a big deal in Colorado, California and Oregon.)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers