Chimi & Changa: Here Comes Peter Ganga Tail

Synopsis:  April Fools and Easter fall on the first day of the month.   Unfortunately, they are all surprised by Changa’s friends, who are zonked out on mesquite and having a *very* bad trip…


                  ~*~CAST~*~
Conchita ‘Chimi’ Lopez:
Ferdinand Lopez:
Bruno Lopez: (their son)
Mariposa ‘Mary’ Lopez: (now a toddler)
Lupita Chiquita: (her mom)
Salvador Chiquitar: (her dad)  
Joaquin Chiquita: (her grandpa)  
Lori Chang:  
Li Chang: (her dad)  
Bluebell Chang:  (her mom)
Kabe Chang: (her grandfather)
Fiona Chang: (her grandmother)  
Jake Junior:   
Rebecca Esther Rose:  
Officer Bill DeMayo:   
Officer Cincinnati ‘Cincy’ DeMayo: (his brother)
Lieutenant Mauro Palladachi:
Lieutenant Taliah Sarandon:
Kabe Eli Cohen:
Solomon Cohen: (Jake’s dad)  
Esther Cohen: (Jake’s mom)
Rebecca Cohen: (Jake’s grandmother)
Haylee Blaze:
Frank Roach:  
Lemonade Girl, Rosette:   
Lemonade Girl: Violet:   
Lemonade Boy, Carson:
Lemonade Boy: Jimmy:    


Scene 1--Let’s Go Find Eggs !   

(Vivaldi’s ‘Rite of Spring’ plays as the kids go about finding eggs and having a good time, Chimi rises from the distance in slow motion, looking sumptuous.   Ferd cannot peel his eyes off her.  A very sexy version of ‘Easter Bonnet’ plays while she rustles up eggs so effortlessly.   He is completely entranced until Bruno and Mariposa vye for his attention.)

Bruno: (dog piles Ferdi with Mary)  Papa !  

Mary: Look !   So many eggs !

Bruno:  Easter bunny was extremely generous to us.  

Ferd:  God was bountiful to all of us.   And to think, Aunt Changa helped us with all the party favors, trampolines, bounce houses, ball pits…

Mary:  Changa !  

Ferd:  Oh, she and the others are here ?

Bruno:  Junior and Becky too !  (Runs after them)  Hey !  

Changa:  How are my two favorite little munchkins ?   (nibbling on them playfully)  

Junior:  Mom, stop it !  

Ruth:  (wriggles free)  Now you can’t nibble me, mama !  

Junior:  I spy a pinata...Last one there’s a rotten egg.   (they begin playing and Junior is the one who cracks open the pinata, ‘Burn Down the Wall’ plays in the background while this is happening)   

Rosette: Woah, Junior !   Rock on !  

Violet:  (to herself)  Finally, my chance to make a vastly more sizable profit.

Rosette:  No way, Vi.   If anyone’s going to beat you today with lemonade sales, it’s ME.  

Carson:  Both of you are wrong.  My lemonade is the sweetest in the neighborhood, plus its rasberry and hand squeezed.

Jimmy:  Who cares about that Carson !  None of you has my arsenal.  Oh yes.  Caramel fudge.  Mom’s special recipe.  Beat THAT.  

Rosette:  I think we may have to secede.  

Violet:  No, I say we join against these gross and disgusting cootie factories and show them girls rule, boys drool.  (snaps to attention)  Rosette, we have customers, act civilized.  

(Meanwhile as this adorable drama plays out, Haylee and Frank make an unexpected appearance with potscicles, pot pie, ganga cake and ‘baked’ goods.)  

Changa:  No, not today…

Chimi: (sees Frank and Haylee’s van from the corner of her eye)  Lori, did you call these guys here ?  This is a family function…

Ferd/Jake:  (getting a bit upset with Lori who looks confused)

Changa:  No.  I would’ve known about this.   Frank, Haylee as much as I usually dig the vibes you bring…

(Frank and Haylee are stoned, obviously.)   

Haylee:  We’re in the neighborhood.  We had no idea you guys were having an Ostara fest.

Frank:  WOO !  OSTARA !  

Chimi: (face palms)  Seriously ?   

Changa:  Guys, turn around…

Haylee:  Why ?   You’re being a bummer, Changa.  

Changa:  (whispers)   No, I’m not.   

Frank:  I don’t see the big deal.   We’re just trying to get some business.  

Changa:  It’s not the time or place.   

Haylee:  Then, we’re going elsewhere.   

Frank:  Grab her !  

(They hoist her into the car.  The guys try to wrestle her back to the ground.   ‘Ice Cream Franchise’ plays as she is taken away against her will.)

Jake:  We’re going after her.    

(scene change, ‘Baller’ playing in the background as they follow the ‘Sunshine Express’ down the road)

Scene 2--Shutting Down the Sunshine Express

(Darude’s Sandstorm plays in the background while Chimi and her friends are trying to save Changa from being taken to only God knows where.  ‘Meanwhile’ appears on the screen.  A Tribe called Qwest’s ‘Can I Kick It’ plays.)

Rosette:  What happened to Mr. & Mrs. Chang and Mr. & Mrs. Lopez ?

Mary:  Wait ?  Mom and dad aren’t here ?

Joaquin:  They were here just moments ago…

(A call comes in on the cell phone, which nearly gives him a heart attack.  Split screen.)

Joaquin:  Conchi, where the hell are you ?  

Chimi: Getting my friend out of a van.   Her so called stoner buddies are not taking to it well.  I didn’t think pot heads were supposed  to be violent.   Ohhhhhh, SHIT !  

Lupita:  Conchiiiiiiiiii !   

(The two of them crash and Changa is safe but a little shaken.)  

Changa:  They were totally out of it.  (looks at what they have and it wasn’t exactly pot they were smoking.)  Well fuck me sideways.   It was mescaline.

Chimi:  Oh, God.  Really ?  No wonder those two were zonked out of their minds.   They had no idea what they were doing.   

(The red and blues appear but Chimi, Changa, Ferdi and Jake are already gone.  Jake is comforting Changa, who is visibly shaken.   She can’t believe her friends would do this but knows it was the mesquite that brambled and scrambled their brains.)  

Changa:  Jesus, that was the scariest thing I’ve ever been through.  

Bluebell:  (hugging her close to her breasts)

Changa:  Mama !  (muffled)  I can’t breathe !  

Bluebell:  I’m sorry.  I was just so worried.  If anything would’ve happened to you…

Li:  Bell and I were gonna bust heads if that scenario came to pass.  

Jake:  What happened to Frank and Haylee ?  

Ferd:  I saw the police take them away.   I’m unsure how long they’ll be in the clink but, I can’t help but feel a little bad for them.   

Jake:  Me too but I’m just glad Changa’s back in my arms where she belongs.  (he kisses his beloved wife and holds her close)  

(Shift to the Easter Party once more and ‘Wait’ by Maroon 5 plays in the background)

Scene 3--A Fulfilling Resurrection Sunday

Chimi:  I was happy that at least this easter wasn’t spiked with Rice GREEN krispies.   Changa nearly did that.   Even if she had I wouldn’t have gotten upset with her.  She’s my best friend, my sister from another mister.   We have more fun than we can both shake a pinata stick at.   While we had been on our chase, our children raked in quite the profit in lemonade.   I saw it as an opportunity to teach them about market trade values, stocks and bonds.   Ferdinand was actually the expert but I did know a few things about saving having come from a middle class neighborhood.    As I look at our backyard and calm down, I squeeze my children tightly as we watch Rankin Bass’s Here Comes Peter Cottontail and the classic musical Easter Parade.   Bruno and Mariposa are fast asleep.   Ferdi gathers Mary into his arms, while I hold a growing Bruno in mine.   He stirs, but only momentarily.

Ferdi:  (singing jazzily)  Kiss me, under the milky twilight

Chimi:  (sings with him)  Lead me into the moonlit floor

Ferdi/Chimi:  Lift your lovin’ hand, watch the fireflies dance
And silver moon sparklin’,
So kiss me !  

(The scene leaves with the two leaning in together, walking like the waves undulating in the sea.   Lovely music plays in the background, accompanied by a montage of Easter photographs and Frank and Hayle enjoying Easter even in prison but going through rehabilitation, on the way of getting off on good behavior.  Thanks is due to those who believed me in all my trials and tribulations and triumphs.   Without your support none of this would’ve been possible.  I love you all !)  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers