Magical Mobius Tour

 3

Synopsis:   BrightStar and I fall into a swirling vortex that spits us back up into Mobius !  

 

 

Chapter 1—Severe Weather Wasn’t in the Forecast…

                Rose of Sharon was out walking around the neighborhood one day, bundled up from the gelid winter’s bitter cold.   Most of the snow had come and gone, but a steady import of grapple continued lightly pelting her.  

                ‘I wish the weather would make up its mind.’, she groused in her head, hoping to head home back to her laptop and new episodes of Vox Maxima.   She drew out a lamentable sigh as she jogged down the long roadway and smiled as the birds serenaded her.    Suddenly, all the singing stopped.   The skies seemed to immediately turn an emerald green, a color that in the Midwest signified severe weather, most notably tornadoes.   Remaining calm, as a storm spotter, Rose knew exactly what to do.   She called the weather station and contacted them about the funnel cloud forming close to where she was standing.   As soon as that was confirmed, it was as if the tornadic vortex had formed directly overhead.

                ‘Well, shoot.’, Sharon commented to herself.   She hadn’t planned on being sucked into a vortex, but she found it even funnier that her long-time best friend from Maryland was with her as well.

                ‘What happened to you ?’, she asked inquisitively.

                ‘Same as you, most likely.   Walking, minding my own business.  Vortex comes out of nowhere and BANG, here I am.’, I explained.   She had gone out on her scooter to enjoy the fresh air even though the temperatures were below freezing and not at all conducive to enjoying a leisurely jog.  

                ‘Mom is gonna freak !’, she said, getting a bit emotional.     I enclosed her in a hug, stroking her hair.

                ‘It’s going to be fine, Angie.  You’ll see.   Just relax.   Getting upset about it won’t change anything.’, I said, offering my advice.   Inwardly though, she was shaking, praying for them both and terrified that this tornado would be the last one she ever saw, let alone lived through.  

 

Chapter 2—Plopped on Mobius

                The moment Angie and Rose opened their eyes, they were on Mobius.   Angie immediately recognized the Crystal Kingdom and started geeking out.

                ‘That vortex must’ve transported us here.’, she deduced. 

                ‘That’s swell, but how are we going to return home ?’, I asked.    We figured that we would make the most of our time in Mobius, because, if you want my utmost candor, I was feeling incredibly nerdy and eager to meet the storied ‘Triplets’ I had heard so much about and seen documented in Saturday Morning Cartoons of yore. 

                ‘We’re in Mobius ?!’, Angie shrieked.     Driven by our curiosity, we continued forward until we were met by rather stern, heavily armored guards. 

                ‘State your business, strangers.’, the polar bear guard, named Artic stated, plainly.     The other guard was a profoundly serious looking rhino, whose name was Dembe. 

                ‘We seem to have landed here via vortex and well…’, Angie began.

                ‘We have no method of getting home.’, I blurted out a bit desperately.

                ‘There’s nothing to worry about, ladies.   King Sonic and Princess Amy will see to you immediately.’, Dembe responded.   The two guards opened the massive oak doors and allowed us entry.   What we saw next knocked our proverbial dweeby socks off.  

 

Chapter 3—Getting Comfortable

                The Crystal Castle was as ethereal as I had always imagined.   Both Angie and I were in complete awe, gasping, barely saying two words as we were dazzled by the stunning crystalline scenery.    Before long, we were met by the entire court.   Sonic, Amy, Sonia, and Manic approached us and asked if we needed anything.      

                ‘We are hungry.   Been a while since we’ve eaten.’, Angie confessed.    My stomach started growling very vociferously, making me turn red with embarrassment.

                ‘I’ll get my chef to make us all the finest cuisine Mobius-round.’, Sonic said.    Just then, the kitchen staff started their rounds, we were seated at a grand table and we began talking with our favorite blue hedgehog.  

                Tails and the gang found it humorous that there had been movies, comics, plush toys, merchandise and multiple other items that had been made in their likeness or inspired by their heroics.   

                ‘Should we be consulting someone for royalties ?’, Cecil questioned, shrewdly.    He was half serious and a bit facetious but Sonic didn’t need extra money or recognition.    Everything he had, he had worked hard for and earned rightfully.    Though, he had to admit, being commemorated in the media was quite flattering.   

                ‘So I take it we need to figure out a way for you two to get back home ?’, Manic queried.

                ‘Yes.   People will start to get worried about us.’, I said, frankly.    Luckily, it was a weekend and I wasn’t needed back to my job immediately, but I knew that my surrogate brother would start to fret and he tended to make mountains out of molehills.   

                ‘We have our finest scientists working on transporting you home as we speak.’, Antoine mentioned.    As soon as we had finished our lavish repast, we were shown around the castle, given a tour of everything Mobius had to offer, even the kingdom of Wildvania.   By the end of the day, the sun was setting and we were starting to tucker out.   

                ‘We have accommodations for guests, so make yourself comfortable.’, Amy said, being hospitable as ever.   

                ‘Aw, thank you, Amy !   I couldn’t appreciate this more !   This is the best day ever !’, Angie said, hugging Amy lovingly.    Amy wasn’t sure how to react to a total stranger hugging her, but she reciprocated.   Then, Sonic pulled us all together for a group hug and chuckled.

                ‘We’ve all had a long day.   Let’s call it a night.   We’ll take you home tomorrow morning after breakfast.  Count on it.’, he vowed.    Yawning and stretching, I was shown to my room by Julie-Su and given a button to call for a servant if I needed one.   

                ‘I appreciate this but I won’t be needing a bell for a maid.’, I said, politely, thanking her anyways. 

                ‘It is customary for the guests to have full service while they’re staying here.’, she said, informatively.    Angie was already fast asleep in her bed, with a dreamy, blissful expression on her face.   No sooner had I gotten underneath the Egyptian cotton sheets that I found myself sinking into the comfortable pillow that sleep overtook me and I was lost in a giddy dreamland full of playful scenery and relaxation.  

 

Chapter 4—Too Soon

                We were awakened to the smell of meat sizzling in the kitchen, and we were welcomed to the grand dining hall once more.    We knew we would remember our time here without evidence of our landing there.    We had to keep the ordeal to ourselves since no one else would understand what we had experienced.    I knew my time spent in Mobius was going to remain with me so long as I lived.    We had met our heroes and they had been even more incredible than we had ever imagined they would be.   Sometimes, others say you should never meet those you admire, but King Sonic and his crew were astronomical.    

                A part of me wanted to stay in Mobius, but Angie and I both knew that we  had duties to attend to back in our own respective homes.   Without my cell phone I could imagine that my surrogate brother was getting a bit panicked but luckily I hadn’t had any stirring in my gut about him feeling unhinged.    Most likely, he was still sleeping since he liked to take extended snoozes on the weekend to recharge after a long week.     As for Angie, I knew I would see her again, even if it was the first time we had met on a completely different plane.    The whole situation hurt our brains immensely, but knowing that we would be heading our own way made us slightly sad.     Somehow, though, we knew that we would always be friends even across the distance and we weren’t likely to forget what had happened. 

 

 

Epilogue

                The return home had been much better than the tornadic vortex to Mobius.   By the time I had gotten to my phone, I dialed Angie and was relieved to hear she was fine.  No one was the wiser that we had been gone, though the pets we had at our respective homes were acting a bit more affectionate than usual.  

                ‘I can’t wait to hang out again, whenever that will be.   That was quite an incredible adventure.’, Angie said.  It was almost as if I could hear her smiling on the other end.

                ‘Soon, then.  Be well for now, Ang.’, I said, hanging up before I said goodbye.    I returned to my computer before my surrogate brother returned home from making sales calls and he took me out for a bite to eat.    As the day came to a close, I felt grateful something so stupendous had happened to me.    When I lay down to sleep, I couldn’t help but grin, knowing that although I was your fairly typical woman from Midwestern America that atypical adventures could happen to me and magic was more than a fairy tale, it was reality. 

 

The End

.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Slo Mo, Voiceless Leader

Wedding at the Playhouse

Rise of the Sleepers